VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I would like to fit a swivel base to my drivers seat but also keep the doulde front seat in place.
Has anyone seen it done as it would turn my kitchen area into a nice 3 seater.
Dont want to fork out £200 for a base if it dosn't work.
Any input or thourghts would be a great help.
Thanks
Ian

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not sure about the crafter but in the LT35 the Ford galaxy front swivel seats fit virtually straight on to the front seat box, with just a little drilling, they will rotate right around with no problems. I cant imagine the crafters being much different, but i dont own one so cant say for sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure about the crafter but in the LT35 the Ford galaxy front swivel seats fit virtually straight on to the front seat box, with just a little drilling, they will rotate right around with no problems. I cant imagine the crafters being much different, but i dont own one so cant say for sure.
Hi thanks for the welcome and does the above apply to all LT35's right up to 2006.Cheers bob

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes in your case, but for others wanting a pair of seats in, just watch the double seat boxes, i have seen these with a single seat box which mirrors the drivers side box and the seat frame itself has a frame attached to it that bolts to the floor in the centre. where as some sprinters have a wider double box, this will need replacement or cutting down to size and welding, so be aware of this.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hello all,i must be the odd one out,my LT has swivel captains seats fitted which i will be replacing with standard 2 and 1,once ive cleaned them,so will have a pair of swivel seats and bases for sale soon.....cheers john

1 - 5 of 5 Posts