Bike and van by Lewis Craik, on Flickr
After years of struggling with a small hatchback, I have finally bought a Transporter to carry my family and bikes about! It is a T5.1 SWB Kombi Highline 140ps and I am really pleased with it! My boys (aged 3 and 11 months) seem to like it too.
The main plans at the moment are to drive it - we have various adventures planned over the spring and summer, but still with space for some spontaneous trips too. It is insured as "standard" until October, so no mods until then, however there are still a few little jobs to do:
- Sort out the Bluetooth media player - I test these things for a living and the VW one has me stumped, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and other times the option isn't even shown on the headunit (phone is shown as connected, including media player of cluster display).
- Buy/build some under seat storage for the twin seat in the back.
- Touch in a few stone chips/small scratches.
- Correct the number of seats on the V5 - it says 6, but it is a 5 seater. I'm guessing it was most likely an admin error at the dealer that originally registered it (coincidentally my local VW dealer).
- Floor mats for the front, I'm thinking rubber will be a better bet than carpet as I am using it for mountain biking.
- Possibly fit a ground anchor in the boot to secure my bikes.
I'll keep this thread updated with any changes/fixes I make to the van, or maybe just post pictures of where I have been in it...
(For those wondering - the bike is a 2017 Orange Four)