VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
setting the scene for today:

I had been invited via work up to london for the evening for a VIP meal at the Gherkin tower on the 39th floor and staying overnight in a hotel and back home tomorrow (wednesday)

so go to nursery to drop my son off, and realise in the rush i had forgotten his bag, go back home, by this time i had missed my train to london, get back drop him off and then head to the train station.

Get to the ticket machine order my tickets, go to pay, only i cant remember my pin number for the corporate card.

miss my train....

manage to get the nice man at the ticket office to let me sign for my ticket the old fashion way, by this time i am an hour late.....

getting home isn't to much of an issue as i can book my ticket online and you dont need a pin to collect it.

get to work, and decide that it is best to check my hotel booking, problem....... the email booking date which is the correct one is different to the hotel system.... problems......

ring the hotel help line and as it is so close to the date of my alleged stay there they cant transfer the booking, so they have to cancel it and give me an e-voucher........ and then i have to pay a much higher price to stay....... Hmmm this is turning out to be a marvelous day........ not.

the hotel also incidentally are migrating to a new shiny website and not everyones details are on there.

so looking on the new website my details are on there but my e-voucher isnt. so ring up and the lady can see that accodring to the new site it isn't on there.

so she agrees to re send the e-voucher...

i look on the website and it still isn't on there.

curisoity takes hold and i decide to look on the old website at my details and what do i find..... 2 e-vouchers.....

so i made my booking rather quick and didn't have to pay the difference at all, and still have some of it left over...

what started out to be a completely crud day has at least had a little bit of silver lining to it.........

rant over....

thanks for listening and sorry for the gramma and spelling etc...... i have had a couple of jars to warm up for tonight....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts