VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone help please. The is a creaking noise coming from the front had new strut bearings in no better, drop links and still no better. New shocks on front and new engine mounting but it's still creaking. Had new bushes put in the wishbone on front after market parts and mechanic said d ones just about dropped out which I thought was strange as these are normally pressed out. Can any one help please. Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had exactly the same. Spent a fortune and no difference. Clunking and creaking. Are you running standard shocks ?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Mine has done this for the second time. It is the bearing. Fitted new and they still came apart. Now have Meyle HD to fit. Just got to get time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi thanks everyone for your help. It creaks when reversing with lock on and yes speed bumps or any bumps really. The new strutt bearings were after market would that make a difference?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I get a creaking / grating noise when going over speed bumps and rough roads noticable at low speeds. It's coming from the drivers side front wheel, only done 14 k. Still under warranty, going in to the dealer for the second time next week, first time i took it in the noise was'nt obvious.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi thanks everyone for your help. It creaks when reversing with lock on and yes speed bumps or any bumps really. The new strutt bearings were after market would that make a difference?
I would always think strut tops but... reversing with lock on suggests cv joints?.. also this could be cause when unloaded over speedbumps?...imho!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Strange normally top mount bearings seized causes creaking when turning, when does it creak ? Eg on turning, speed bumps, pot holes etc
Hi both cv joints replaced last week. I am concerned about new bushes I had fitted on the wish none a couple of weeks ago mechanic said they just about dropped out do the new ones need pressed in with force?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts