VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Evening all:D
I would like to get my hands on my credit score ( points / 100 ) I was with expedian years ago so free trail aint open to me:eek: dont fancy paying the £15 for month plus the score rating cost. Were can i go to request the information thats been passed around about me under the freedom of information act:confused:

·
Registered
625 Posts
you could try equifax to see if they have a deal on.

Think to find you credit score you might have to pay any of them.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
send me your details ill try and score you . not sure if i can for individuals , i know i can for companies . send away if you want T:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds dodgy:eek: I'll pm you later when on the home computer and I'll take a look at equifax. I only ask because a few year ago it wasnt great! Wasnt awful tho. Want move out this year but if it's bad I'll just spunk me deposit on something elseLOL:

·
Registered
596 Posts
go to CreditExpert website, sign up for 30 day free trial, print/view your credit report then cancel your membership, i did mine yesterday T:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I think he's already done the Experian Credit Expert Trial.

You can't get your score without paying for it, because it doesn't really exist - it's a commercial service based on multiple information sources.

You can however order a copy of your credit file for small beans from Experian or Equifax - that won't give you a score but it will tell you whether you've got late/missed payments, "black marks" etc.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Unlikely anyone 'main stream' would give you your score - as mentioned before, it's more of a rank system used by creditors and banks etc.

Best way to look at it -

All credit up-to-date along a credit card/HIre Purchase paid in installments = Very Good Score

All credit up-to-date along with Credit Paid in Full = Good Score (ironic, but the lenders want to ensure you manage monthly finances)

1 or 2 LATE Payments older than 12 months should be fine, providing the acct is now up to date

ANY DEFAULT CREDIT ACCTS - literally mobile phone/ insurance/store card/utility bill etc that has Defaulted and remains unpaid or was only paid in full in last 12mths you would need to wait for that 12 month period to expire. Mortgage companies have become a lot more strict now with ANY defaults since the credit crunch

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I use experian credit expert, haven't checked my score for a while, last year it was 999, hopefully it still is! T:

Worth checking your credit report at least once a year to make sure some scum bag inst using your ID for dodgy deals... you'll be amazed how many people have adverse reports because of fraudulent goings-on.

Make sure you are registered on the electoral roll, otherwise it will down grade your score significantly.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Evening all. Just been and signed up to equifax and got the 1 month free (will end membership tomorrow:D) and also paid £5.95 for credit score.

The results were:eek: £500 default and several late payments! Take my advise and dont ever borrow money for anything other than a house:* I borrowed for a car and that is something ill never do again. I thought i could afford it because the building was booming and regular! How quick it could all change:( Because of 4 months of bouncing cheques 2 years ago it looks like im gonna have to wait another year till i can move out:*

Happy new yearT:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts