VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
T: We have been asked to organise this meet as a cross border forum meet for the two surrounding areas of the North East.

This location is one of the most central points that is a picturesque location between the three areas.

We will be meeting first at Washington Services (A1 North - bound) for ten o'clock to leave at half past ten. We will travel at approx. the speed limits to arrive at Keilder for twelve noon. We will be driving in Convoy along the A1 and the A69 and then up the A68 as per Google maps.

On arrival at Keilder Castle, we will be meeting with our fellow Forum members from Scotland and Cumbria. I hope that the North East can turn out in force and show everyone how strong our area is as a group.

Anyone wanting to camp after the meet, the Keilder Village Campsite is well-known, very good site. Please make your own reservations if you are interested in doing this.

Kielder Castle Visitor Centre | Kielder | Northumberland | NE48 1ER

The castle grounds are great to test your mountain biking skills or start a single-track trail - you can apparently hire bicycles here too. There is a café for snacks and hot beverages and kids can enjoy the Minotaur Maze and the play area. There's a walk or bike ride along the Lakeside Way and a range of wildlife can also be spotted in the area.

There is a pub nearby called The Angler's Arms - this is known for good food and a welcoming environment whilst allowing wide camping in the car park.

Hopefully, we will see you there :) A:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Working in Hartlepool tomorrow.

I'll try and get to Kielder in the afternoon sometime.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Canny meet, not many vans but good company and everyone was jealous of my midge mask! I:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts