VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fitting cruise control on my van 2006 2.5 BNZ engine ( electric windows,mirrors no rear wash wipe ) started by disconnecting battery then removing air bag, steering wheel, steering column cowls and lower dash panels to gain access to central Control unit, then loosened torx screw and pulled locking tab out holding wiring connector to old stalk and removed assembly, then prized of cover over wiring loom to insert 6 wires from new loom then refit cover and route loom towards CCU then transferred connector ring to new stalk assembly then fitted this back to steering column and reassembled cowls, steering wheel and air bag, next removed plug B from CCU and pushed out black wire and fitted wire coming from new loom into plug B and connected wire that was removed from plug B into connector on new loom,refit plug B to CCU plus new connector on loom into slot F. Then routed black/yellow stripe wire from loom through gommet in bulk head into engine bay and across to Ebox. Removed battery then plate that battery sits on, then 8 torx screws to Ebox cover to gain access to connector for black/yellow wire from here I had to drill 10mm hole in side of Ebox to thread wire into Ebox using a grommet, then disconnect several of the coloured block connectors and remove them from carrier to allow me to pull up lower black block and insert black/yellow wire once fitted reassemble all connectors cover and battery, now I used VAS in guided functions to activate cruise control all went well so went for road test all working properly refitted lower dash panels and 3 hours later job finished.

Parts cost me £65 from TPS SORRY £74

HOPE THIS IS OF SOME HELP ! T:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Have been thinking of fitting the cruise control to my t4 for my next trip down the south of France,you wouldnt believe how heavy my leg gets after a few hours driving...65 quid seems quite cheap for the parts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Just wondering, Is this using the vw stalks like you can get on ebay or something totally different.

Pics would have been nice though just to see.

Cheap though.:D

·
Registered
354 Posts
i didnt realise it was possible to fit cruise to the t5...thats one to remember,i use cruise on my x5 all the time and did in my t4 too,especially on speed trap roads and those damn average speed camera places

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes this was using genuine VW parts from TPS stalk and wiring loom come in a kit with instructions only mistake i have made was price i paid have just noticed was £74 SORRY the stalk on ebay seems over priced

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh right i may well have to enquire at my local Tps branch methinks.:D:DT:
Dont know where in somerset you are but if you need it activating will be able to do this for you if your in bristol area, if you fit stalk and wiring then all electrics will still work before cruise is activated if that helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts