VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anybody fitted it before to a t5? My mate bought one there. It is an automatic. Is there much involved? I have full vag-com and fitted out a few cars with cruise already

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
have a look at the Hazy DaYz web site on cruise control, it show the various prices compared with what the van has OEM.

http://www.vwcruise.com/134.html

Basically it would appear that the rule of thumb is that the more electrical extras (windows, mirrors & rear wiper) the van has had fitted in the factory the less extra parts you will need to upgrade the van to cruise control and vice versa.

If you have the "full house" of OEM extras fitted then it's just a case of getting the cruise control stalk/loom (make sure it has the plug in connector), whipping the steering wheel off, changing the indicator stalk for the replacement one, reassembling and then getting the cruise option turned on within the ECU using VAGCOM.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not quite sure how much of this correct I have a pov spec t5 manual windows no rear wiper as it was a panel van. I rang the dealer to check if cruise was able to be fitted and gave him the chassis number and he said yes just the stork required but would double check with the workshop but aparently my van has the electricery to just plug it in.

·
Yellow van man
933 Posts
I get the impression that sometimes you won't know for sure what can be done until the pro gets his head under the dash for a look. I think the general rule is that if you have factory fotted electric windows and mirrors then you have the electronic jigery pokery to just get the stalk wired in. If you don't then it requires a module in addition which doubles the cost pretty much. The Hazzy Dayz website tells you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have recently had cruise fitted to my van.

I shipped off down to VW Wayside Dunstable Van Centre to get the job done.

Was very well priced & I did fall fowl of more parts being required, which just meant the job just took longer

I have electric windows/mirrors & highline computer on a 2.5 and it was a simple job of letting the ECU know it was there.

I have to say one of the best upgrades ever!! :ILU:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts