VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having issues with the Cruise Control on my '07 Caravelle. It was often not switching on and when it did then cutting out an when I went over a bump in the road. It's a factory fitted CCS from new.

I've now sorted this issue by replacing the Clutch Pedal Switch. An easy replacement, which takes 10 minutes.

Remove the panel under the steering wheel which covers the pedals, theres 6 or so torx screws to remove. The Clutch Pedal Switch is to the far left, held in a bracket over the pedal. Simply uncouple the wires, twist the switch unit a ¼ turn anti-clockwise and remove. Replace with the new switch. Make sure that the switch is fully in position in the bracket. It takes a stiff twist and you should hear it click into place. Re-clip the wires into the switch. You can then check that the plunger rod is making contact with the clutch pedal and moves out & in when the peel is depressed.

Replace the panel and you should be good to go. I now have Cruise Control working in again with no disengaging when I go over bumps in the road or knock the clutch pedal.

Vehicle: 2007, VW Caravelle T5, TDI 130 bhp
Clutch Pedal Switch Part #: P W7HO 927 189
Cost: £15.07 + VAT supplied by Volkswagen

·
Registered
867 Posts
yep its a common fault, mine and many others have failed including T5's.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well done and glad you got it sorted :D

most thanks tho for posting the solution to the problem! too many threads from people asking for advice then never posting back what fixed it!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well done and glad you got it sorted :D

most thanks tho for posting the solution to the problem! too many threads from people asking for advice then never posting back what fixed it!!!
No problem. I did spend quite a lot of time on this forum, and the web in general, researching the issue. Thought I'd post the solution to save others the time and garage/dealer fees in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts