VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have had a look through all the posts and tech articles and no one is having this issue so I'm hoping someone can help.

I have a 2000 T4 TDI with a Manual transmission.

I bought the factory cruise control kit of ebay and fitted it and took it down to my local guy and got it activated.

It works fine but...

When I reach any slight incline or decline the van starts to lurch creating a really unpleasant ride. I have tried to simulate the effect and to get the same thing at 100km I basically have to rapidly stomp on the accelerator pushing it all the way down then fully release it. So apart from the ride being uncomfortable Im assuming it cant be a good thing for the motor.

My initial thoughts are that the computer is trying to keep the van traveling at the precise set speed. Eg. 97km.
Whenever it slips to 96 it is stressing out and slamming on the accelerator to get it faster then completely releasing it when it again freaks out at 98km.

I am wondering if there is some sort of threshold setting where the throttle application gradually increases as speed reduces.

Or, am I way off track and there is another issue completely.

Thanks for your help,

you all drive really cool vans.

Will

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
no idea what the cause could be so not much help but i have had 2 glitches with mine on my work van on a flat road . it has all of a sudden accelerated for a split second and then stopped ! maybe a loose connection in the wiring somewhere ? i dont know . no help for you realy sorry bud

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Has to be a software issue. Needs to go back on vagcom and check that all values are correct.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I had a problem when I fitted CC on my T4 2.5 TDI.
It turned out to be the Turbo Actuator bracket being lose. (make sure it is working)
Without the CC on it would pull just OK then at 2200revs it would really start to pull. It was a definite on off for the turbo. This made the CC not worth using as It would surge on only a small hill. It was fine on the flat.

Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts