VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My first post on here, i have a 1998 LT35 SDI i am on with converting to a recreational camper van. Can i install a cruise control as i have done on other cars i have owned i have for instance fitted cruise control to citroens peugeots in the past just plug and code them in and they are away. Are the LT35s like this? Any advice please . Rick

·
Registered
290 Posts
I too would like to know this, I have an LT35 TDI 2006 and as it is TDI and chippable etc would have thought it could be done. Not sure if cruise was ever an option on the LT. Seen it on a crafter but not an LT

·
Registered
290 Posts
just done some digging on Vag cat and have found an extra stalk for Cruise control

Part number on their is 2D0953504

Now off to find more info on that :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good info on the stalk/switch part number, looks like old c class stalk could be the same. A mate seemed to think if the van has ABS it should be doable, but not sure i will have to phone northside today see what i can find out off the main agents.

·
Registered
290 Posts
found this on a german sprinter forum (google translated so its a bit weird!) bt has a part number for some wire and clips...

when the control is present in the control unit, the installation should be no problem.
during vw get the current running plan (cruise control switch for CCS).
engines for bbf's is the no. 86/5
then order the following parts:
2D0953504 switch € 54.21
000979133A line 3Stück € 2.59
€ 0.87 000 979 003 cable 1piece
you just have to look that you get the right cable, the control unit is located under the battery. best headlights expand, is suspended only with a feather. , the cable select (are from the factory all yellow) agency and to the right into the ECU plug (lupenfitzelarbeit) then the extended cable inside the driver's cab pull through zusammenstöpseln with the switch, according to current running plan on stream not forget. steering wheel and instrument panel top cover removed, slide switch is in the predetermined space between -. (I have the fixing screw for the switch-stops not mounted without problems) assemble and can unlock vw greeting kur

·
Registered
229 Posts
do you know if you have a throttle cable or if its a potentiometer (drive by wire)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Is it the same test to see if you can do it as the t4?
Ie in neutral rev to about 3krpm then with your left foot put your foot on the brake if the revs drop it means it's drive by wire so do-able with just a new indicator stalk and a recode

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sorry to dredge up an old thread but which engines can be done with a recode ?
As I thought they were all the same (except for the 2.8)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'll have a look tonight
Money's on mine having a throttle cable !! :-(

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi guys,

I am trying to fit my lt 2.8 auh with the cruise control. I have the parts and the wiring diagrams but I cannot really understand where I have to join the 6 wires from the plug.

Has anyone done it before? I have everything in place already and just missing that final bit

Thanks in advance

1 - 17 of 17 Posts