VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a t5 2.5 and the cruise control was working, now for the last 4 weeks it's been broke, when I turn it on from the stork no light comes on the dash at all, people have said to check the fuse, I have had a look through the manual and it does not mention nothing about cruise control fuse, has anybody got any help for me. Thanks

·
Special Rapporteur
9,798 Posts
If it's factory fitted it should be fused via fuse SC13 in the lower panel in the dash centre. But there are a number of other possible reasons why they fail to work. Best bet would be to get it onto diagnostic test with someone that knows what they need to look at, and get the various controls and switches tested out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help i will check that fuse out first then if not get it booked in somewere to be checked

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I'm having some trouble with my DIY cruise control but the symptoms are similar to yours.

It's a very recent retro fit but I know that it works because the light was on today and I was cruising along happily.
Flicked it off, came around for another pass up this decent A-Road and nothin, no light and no more cruising.

I plugged the vagcom cable in and did some digging around - found this out about mine, may help you..

Regardless of clutch position my switch remains in the operated position. I removed the switch from above the clutch pedal, took about 20 seconds, is just undo cable and twist switch to remove ( my lower panels were still removed from the fit which may have helped ).

I noticed immediately that the switch was rattling, ordered a new one for £13 and I am hopeful that it will cure the problem.

Will post back when it's fitted. Worth a look dude, might save a bunch of cash.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's worth a look, Not had much time to have a look at it yet but yes do let us no how you get on with yours, THanks ??

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Changing the clutch switch fixed my problem, it took 25 seconds to attach the switch; just push in and turn, attach cable.

This is what vagcom now shows, notice that the clutch pedal bit is now '0' for not operated.

When the clutch is operated the cruise control disengages, this switch tells the cruise control if the clutch is operated.

For £13 and so easy to do, I'd change it on the off chance that it cures your problem.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
much appreciated i will try that, i will post back an let you no the outcome when i am sorted. many thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts