VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 2.5tdi 88bhp ajt. Can i just buy the cruise control kit and fit and acctivate with vag com. Or do some vans need to be checked to see if they are compatible ? I.E. Will they all have the socket behind relays that the cruise control loom plugs into ect ect ?

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
if you buy the "kit" ie stalk and harness your 2.5tdi just needs it fitting then activating with vagcom..
some ebay sellers are selling just the stalk and chargin you extra for the harness.. i got mine from brickworlks somewhere around £70 i think, then get yourself vagcom off ebay should cost no more than £15 the shareware version is all you need to enable it. takes about 1-2hrs, hardest bit is getting the steering wheel off, fiddly removing the airbag.. dead simple, dont know how i lived without cruise.. dead good for avoiding being stuffed for doing over 50mph on a-roads in your van...I:

·
Registered
498 Posts
The cruise control kit fits all 2.5 tdi models. The cheapest place to buy this is from your local main dealer (believe it or not). I think less than £60...

You get instructions and everything you need with the kit, and it works brilliantly.

Vagcom is all you need, and apparently the shareware version does have the capability to enable it.

:ILU:

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
if i remember rightly its 60 inc the vat, speak to your local dealer

·
Registered
758 Posts
installed mine yesterday £63 for the part including vat from the main dealer and 36 plus vat for the main dealer to activate with vag-com

these were the instructions that came with it, http://huutoa.googlepages.com/T4_Cruise.pdf

took about 15 mins to fit - worst bit was finding the plug on the loom. right at the back behind the fuse box

ps, you will need a very long but small (if that makes sense) phillips type screwdriver to undo the right hand screw holding the steering column casing on as it is set deep in the casing.

all in all? well worth doing :D

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
so you basically paid more than i charge to supply and fit then.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts