VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my T5 looked at by an auto electric company and apparently the ECU whilst not 'the common one' is compatible with fitting cruise control. Having read a few posts I was expecting about 2-250 but have been quoted £360 (inc vat). As far as I know it's a case of getting the kit and then telling ECU to switch it on. I don't fancy doing it myself so what have you been paying and where ?

Thanks All.

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
So I've had my T5 looked at by an auto electric company and apparently the ECU whilst not 'the common one' is compatible with fitting cruise control. Having read a few posts I was expecting about 2-250 but have been quoted £360 (inc vat). As far as I know it's a case of getting the kit and then telling ECU to switch it on. I don't fancy doing it myself so what have you been paying and where ?

Thanks All.
Hi

Yes that is a bit expensive.... :(

Do you know what BCM your T5 is fitted with? It needs to be 87 and above...

We can supply and install genuine cruise if you don't have any luck, and not to far away

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sounds expensive!! Speak to Jason or Noel at Absoult5. I've been in their shop a few times and they've been brilliant!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys, I thought it sounded high.

Absolut5 - I cant tell you the ECU number, the guys that did it said it wasn't one they initially recognised so had to contact VW to be sure. They explained it was either relatively easy (keep ECU and add stalk) or hard and when they rang back they said it was the 'easy' option.
Apparently there was nothing written on the ECU so number they had from ECU and laptop. It's a 2007 T5 and has electric windows but no rear wipe (was a van tailgate so no window).
Is it best to contact you directly for pricing etc ? went through to the website but guess you're still working on that :) I pass hrough Salisbury fairly often on way to South coast, is it a few hours or a whole day sort of job (ie could I just hang around while it's done) ?

·
Registered
92 Posts

Absolut5 - I cant tell you the ECU number, the guys that did it said it wasn't one they initially recognised so had to contact VW to be sure. They explained it was either relatively easy (keep ECU and add stalk) or hard and when they rang back they said it was the 'easy' option.
Apparently there was nothing written on the ECU so number they had from ECU and laptop. It's a 2007 T5 and has electric windows but no rear wipe (was a van tailgate so no window).
Is it best to contact you directly for pricing etc ? went through to the website but guess you're still working on that :) I pass hrough Salisbury fairly often on way to South coast, is it a few hours or a whole day sort of job (ie could I just hang around while it's done) ?
Mate I have a 2007 1.9tdi with electric windows rang up VW commercial in Bristol (feeder rd?) and was quoted £220 fully fitted they had to have a look prior to fitting to make sure compatible. Now having mine fitted today in Swindon for £200

·
Registered
133 Posts

If you give me the reg number or chassis number I can give you the number of the unit fitted to your van straight away if that helps.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to close the loop (and thanks to Biker_medic), I had it fitted at VW Heritage Van Centre in Bristol, £220 inclusive including as much reasonable coffee as I could drink and wifi while I waited.
Cant fault it, they also did a mini valet and a wash free of charge (yes I know some would be wary of that but OK by me).

Essentially it looks factory fitted as the original stalk was replaced for one with cruise buttons - all good :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts