VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I've just recently bought a T4 Caravelle LWB. It has a VW bike rack on the back and the boot is rather saggy. Does anyone know if this is because of the weight of the rack, or would it be because the struts are old and have lost gas?

Also, I want to get curtains for it so I can sleep inside. Can anyone recommend the best place to get a good full set?

Thanks
George

·
Registered
240 Posts
Van x for your curtains in my oppinion via there own web site or can be bit cheaper at the shows.

maybe the extre weight.
plus the cold weather makes them worse my tailgate is insulated so that makes my struts not quite good enough but worse in winter.

Dont use ya handbrake in winter they freeze on overnight not all of them but a common problemT:

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Yes, it will be the weight of the bike rack that affects the efficiency of the struts, and sometimes they get lazy with age..you can get uprated struts and there have been threads on the Forum dealing with this...though if you use uprated struts and then remove the bike rack you may have to use a lot more force to shut the tailgate..

Tidytransporters[Forum trader] also does excellent curtains, I have heard, and some good reviews on the forum..T:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to be a bit of a dunce, but how do I find Tidytransporters? I can't find forum traders on the site?

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Hello

I've just recently bought a T4 Caravelle LWB. It has a VW bike rack on the back and the boot is rather saggy. Does anyone know if this is because of the weight of the rack, or would it be because the struts are old and have lost gas?

Also, I want to get curtains for it so I can sleep inside. Can anyone recommend the best place to get a good full set?

Thanks
George
Hi george
We have prestige curtain kits, SUPERBT:T:http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=343963

1 - 6 of 6 Posts