VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to ditch my thermal screens and fit some curtains. All the major suppliers seem to be of a similar quality and price, but I can't decide between black out or regular curtains. Are the regular curtains thick enough to provide privacy when the lights are on inside?

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
I made my own which are blackout but i was going to buy before decided to make,i came to the conclusion that if i was going to spend that much money,spend the extra on blackout and not potentially have to buy a second set if not happy with the non blackout,it is nice having blackout knowing once you close the curtains no one can see in and you don't get woken up early by the light in the morningT:

·
Registered
954 Posts
I bought non blackout from Kiravans in black(Amazon the cheapest place and no p+p). They certainly are dark enough with my tinted windows to maintain privacy at night and keep a fair amount of light out on these sunny mornings. With an awning it's only the offside window exposed as I made a curtain to go round the cab. I do like a hint of the weather when waking up and for me they are just right.
Rob

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got my own cab curtains made up by a local trader to avoid the silverscreen faff and they work great ( rest of the camper has VanX curtains fitted by my converter outfit), but I reckon its the best mod I've done- just wish I hadn't already forked out 50 quid for silverscreens first! The fabric I used wasn't official 'blackout stuff' either, but it does the job even though the front of the van dosen't have tints.

·
Registered
141 Posts
have you considered blinds, I got black out blinds from swellshades and they look awesome, they also send out samples free of any colour you want.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Was planning to use Hoppvaal blinds but had a change of plan, so have two grey cellular ones for sale if anyone interested.

Brand new and unused, £30 the pair!

·
Registered
20 Posts
got black out for the sliding door and the opposite window you can pick a colour there fantastic i also got cab divider the only problem is the cap divider ,once its fitted thats it very hard to take down to wash as the bottom rubs on the floor and gets dirty very, hard to fit but good quality and does the job ,got them from vanx T:

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Yes definitely black out unless you like the light in the morning. Ours is very dark which I like as can't sleep if the sun is coming in. Also keeps it a bit cooler, especially along with tinted glass.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have a perfect relaxing interior with our wide range of blackout curtains Dubai perfect for getting rid of unwanted light and reducing noise in any room. Whether you are in favor of eyelet blackout curtains or pencil pleat blackout curtains our variety of styles and fabrics such as silk and chenille curtains to name a few will suit all homes and window frames.

Cream blackout curtains are great for any room in your house as the blackout curtain lining is also thermal curtain lining keeping the draughts out and the heat in your room. Our suede blackout curtain collection brings luxury drapes to any window frame, available in so many colors, including teal curtains and cream curtains, it is easy to change the look and feel of your décor with suede curtains, the most popular is our black suede curtains as well as our Waters and Noble blackout curtain collection.

Ensure babies and toddlers get soothing sleep in their rooms too with nursery blackout curtains and kids blackout curtains our baby and nursery curtains will suit all types of themes and are ideal to keep out the light and cold whilst reducing noise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts