VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a T30 kombi and need something to use as blinds/curtains. I don't really want to use a curtain rail because I use the van for work and they will probably get damaged. Anybody got any ideas, and pictures?
Chris.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I purchased a cheap popper stud kit from ebay.

Then made some curtains and put poppers on the curtains. The you can screw the studs into the walls on the van, or the headlining, and just popper up the curtains when you need them.

I am really pleased with how they look and you can take them down really easily so they dont get trashed.

Cheap too T:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Some clever cookie on here (most likely a woman I:) made some curtains with magnets in them! T:

Super idea for those not wanting to fit curtains full time

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought a couple of Remis 1m "Take'n'Trim" blinds for the side windows. I'm at "proof of concept" stage cos I need to finalise the border / frame to keep the blind edge in place (currently using plastic channel for putting together cupboards, but I'm trying to find a tidier option). I would post a pic but I'm a bit embarrased by my handiwork so far!

They are like caravan blinds but without the fly screen (my windows don't open) and they are pretty simple to fit (although I had to make new brackets for the sliding door to fit in the corners). Cost me 45 quid for the pair, but you might find them cheaper on flea bay

Dead simple to use and don't get in the way when the door opens... Great in the sun and at night.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I got some velcro sticky back velcro, put a bit on the metal at the bottom of my sliding door window, then sewed (or got my mum to sew, that makes me sound about 10) the other side of the velcro all around the edges of a rectangular window shaped bit of black material, The bottom velcro sticks to the other velcro and the side bits stick to the wall carpet. Works a treat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your replies, probably going to use a combination of clips and bars... I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
I got some velcro sticky back velcro, put a bit on the metal at the bottom of my sliding door window, then sewed (or got my mum to sew, that makes me sound about 10) the other side of the velcro all around the edges of a rectangular window shaped bit of black material, The bottom velcro sticks to the other velcro and the side bits stick to the wall carpet. Works a treat.

I used velcro too along the bottom of the curtain and track on top. Works a treat, just enough to stop it hanging forward.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts