VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts
Discussion starter · #62 ·
Hi guys

All sorted and family issues all over and back to work as normal.

Everyone should now have their badges, sorry for the delay but it really couldn't be helped.

I have had chance this week to progress with the rear badges and will put some video up of them working as photos don't seem to show it correctly.

Also done a new disc, did 2 versions one with the inner cut out to make it look brighter.

What do you think

Discussion starter · #67 ·
I have done a T5 one based on the badge that was supplied by one of the forum members, however as I only have the Chrome front part, I can see no way to affix it to the grill as the rear part of the badge it part of the grill, so it would mean either cutting your original grill or making the badge alot thicker and trying to utilise the original fixings.

I've not given up on the T5 one but it is gonna need a lot more work.

Now the crafter one, what year ?

The later ones appear to be similar to the T5 but the early ones I think are the same as the long nose T4, which I have done.

Can you take a photo and measure the diameter of the badges.

Thanks

I have done a T5 one based on the badge that was supplied by one of the forum members, however as I only have the Chrome front part, I can see no way to affix it to the grill as the rear part of the badge it part of the grill, so it would mean either cutting your original grill or making the badge alot thicker and trying to utilise the original fixings.

I've not given up on the T5 one but it is gonna need a lot more work.

Now the crafter one, what year ?

The later ones appear to be similar to the T5 but the early ones I think are the same as the long nose T4, which I have done.

Can you take a photo and measure the diameter of the badges.

Thanks
Hi 2008 crafter will take some pics and have a measure for you thanks

Wires definitely long enough, maybe a photocopy "eeejuts guide" type thing for people like me that sometimes ain't got a scooby what we are doing, but it was really simple to fit, I interrupted the feed to the sidelight (after taking the lead off the battery of course :eek:) an hey bisto it worked T: looks well cool, even got a nod of approval from a yoof with his hat on backwards, so it must be cool :cool:

Discussion starter · #74 ·
You not supposed to take the van swimming , that's some serious rain.

There is a tiny drain hole at the bottom that should let any water that does get in, out. The disk should be tight enough that it seals and shouldn't let much (if any) in.
It's probably got blocked. If you pop the disk out, dry it out and then run a dry cloth around the bottom of where the disk sits, it should clear anything that's lurking.

The hole is between the 2 sections. The LEDs and pcb are waterproofed so they should still work fine, any further issues and I'll get you another one made up.

Discussion starter · #77 ·
Like this I:I:

The one shown here is a prototype which is on my van which is slightly differnent to the production ones,
I am waiting for some tooling so these can be injection molded, these fit into the black badge backing.

They have 6 LEDs and have smaller disks than the front, but can be changed in the same way.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.