VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
think someone on here was doing this before for about 50 quid have searched but cant find any mention of it now and havent read anything about it for months.

Dont want to tread on anyones toes here but thought id offer this service as ive had loadsa interest and thought it'd set the forums t4s aside from the rest.

it could work a couple of ways but the easiest would be for you to send me your lights and £45 and i would convert and send back.

turn around time would be a week or less.

the cost would cover the leds, the sikaflex and the postage back to you.

for those who's bus is their daily driver, you could pick up a second hand set that i would convert then you could move your standard ones on.

couple of pics - they are ultra white NOT BLUE. can doGREEN BLUE RED OR WHITE but any colour other than white is likely to get you unwanted attention from the boys in blue!

the amount of people that stare at these is unreal, i even had an old lady compliment them yesterday!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you don't need any additional wiring mate, you just connect the wires from the led to the side light circuit, remove the bulb from the sidelight holder and if you want to, unplug the dim dip assist so you dont get that gay yellow glow spoiling the led look when you have just sidelights on!

have just done a t4 all the way round the lense and a t3 round headlights will stick some pics on.T:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi mate, do you have a spare set of headlights that can just swap for mine if i drop by tommorow or saturday. Or if i drop them off how long will they take?
Would like these for players on sunday in Essex.
any chance of dicount from £45 as no need to post? :D T:

·
Banned
924 Posts
Hello

would like a set of lights done if your still doing them

let me know fella

cheers paul 07968080222

have lights ready to post lol

·
Registered
232 Posts
you don't need any additional wiring mate, you just connect the wires from the led to the side light circuit, remove the bulb from the sidelight holder and if you want to, unplug the dim dip assist so you dont get that gay yellow glow spoiling the led look when you have just sidelights on!

have just done a t4 all the way round the lense and a t3 round headlights will stick some pics on.T:
Hi sorry to dig up an old thread, but i have some of these fitted, i've removed the sidelight bulbs, but i am getting said "gay yellow glow". How do you unplug the dim dip assist?

Cheers,
Carl:ILU:

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Hi sorry to dig up an old thread, but i have some of these fitted, i've removed the sidelight bulbs, but i am getting said "gay yellow glow". How do you unplug the dim dip assist?

Cheers,
Carl:ILU:
Just gently coax it with a hammer 'til it goes out Carl :D,

Sorry I:

·
previously known as "cheekychappy84"
876 Posts
Lol LOL:

I've also done this mod but i'm not sure how to get rid of the dim yellow light? Anyone? Sensible answers please lol T:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
On my 2001 van there is a yellow connector that you will find at the back of the driver side headlight all i did was unplug it and no more yellow light on my van T:
I will get some pics of the plug in the morning and add them to this T:

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Dim dip device is on underside of slam panel above o/s headlight. Just pull the plug off.
Cant see pictures of led conversion:*

1 - 18 of 18 Posts