VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Been a while since visiting the forum.

My 1992 T4 Trident AAC is taking up a place on the driveway and has only been used once this year. It sits next to my Connect Van and a corsa.
Im thinking of selling the Trident and Connect Van and buying something that can do both jobs, thus saving on running 3 vehicles.
I really like the look of the Transit Custom, maybe go for a crew cab van so I get the side windows but remove the bulkhead and crew seats. Make a pod to slot in when I want to go touring. Tart it up a bit!

Any thoughts!

Cheers.

·
Registered
713 Posts
No experience of them myself but they're supposedly better equipped than the equivalent Transporter - personally I'd never have one, just because they'll always be associated with pikeys/builders/whitevanman - so if it's a commercial vehicle then that's great, plenty of resale opportunities. But as a camper/day van - not a patch on the much more desireable and sought after T5/T6's and new Merc Vito/Multivans.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I like them, can look very smart, but just like all transits, I'm sure they have rust issues, seem to remember reading it on a transit forum, so I'd research into it ¹st, then you know what your looking for.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Got two at work less than 2 years old and been back to ford for
Turbo issue
Injector/s issue
Various electronic issues from service lights at 1000 miles and complete electrical failure of the whole van
But no idea if new t6 is any better

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Got two at work less than 2 years old and been back to ford for
Turbo issue
Injector/s issue
Various electronic issues from service lights at 1000 miles and complete electrical failure of the whole van
But no idea if new t6 is any better

·
Registered
363 Posts
I like them, and run a Transit Connect as well. They look smart, haven't seen any rusty ones (they've got to be galvanised by now?!) and seem popular going by the number you see on the roads.
The only advantage I can see with VW and MB Kombi vans have no bulkhead and the quick release seats, which make them more versatile I suppose. Obviously they are Ford... which isn't going to cut it on a VW Transporter forum...;) I'm sure there are bad ones out there, as there are Transporters.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I like them also, If it drives nice (and they do I’ve drove a d/cab) and suites your needs as a duel purpose van why not....
yeah it may not be worth as much after a few years but should be cheaper to buy Initially so the cost to own ‘may’ work out probably the same...
and they will ‘ALL’ be worthless fossil fuel powered scrap anyway by 2035 I think it comes in for non electric vehicles...that’s not including the not to distant future with high toll charges just to drive them into a city/town/road etc....😡

I’m no badge snob I’ll drive a cardboard box if it had 4 wheels and a steering wheel😁
i drive a 22yr old t4 bus with many battle scars, rust, and faded paint and tbh If they think it’s **** and I’m a loon that’s there prob not mine 🤔
happy hunting 👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts