VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
5,495 Posts
Thats a nice looking bike fella T:
Cheers! It started off as a stock 2007 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp. Now the only original part is the stem's top cap! Very versatile frame (the Cotic) - does XC blasting but also goes back downhill pretty well yet not too eye wateringly expensive (I considered Ti but was worried about failed welds).

I want to change the fork once I kill this one (100mm RS SID) for something slightly longer travel, tapered steerer and a Maxle but that's a while off yet. Probably a Fox Float of some sort.

·
Registered
844 Posts
We used to make what we called Trackers by putting cow horn handle bars; straightened forks; reinforced rims 26' with knobby tires onto racers. Very popular in Dorset in the late 70s early eighties. Then BMX arrived!

·
Premium Member
6,123 Posts
I went into our local bike shop yesterday looking for a crosser for my 9yr old. They had a 46cm Specilized Crux Elite in their sale with 40% off ..... But it was still £600! Oh well.

I am very tempted to get a trek cross rip or spec tri cross for Xc commuting though.

When I got home I got my old Marin hybrid off the turbo trainer and gave it an overhaul. I reckon with a hollow tech crank a decent fork and the right tyres it could be bit of a weapon.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
We used to make what we called Trackers by putting cow horn handle bars; straightened forks; reinforced rims 26' with knobby tires onto racers. Very popular in Dorset in the late 70s early eighties. Then BMX arrived!

My word that takes me back :eek: further than I like to go LOL:

I went into our local bike shop yesterday looking for a crosser for my 9yr old. They had a 46cm Specilized Crux Elite in their sale with 40% off ..... But it was still £600! Oh well.

I am very tempted to get a trek cross rip or spec tri cross for Xc commuting though.

When I got home I got my old Marin hybrid off the turbo trainer and gave it an overhaul. I reckon with a hollow tech crank a decent fork and the right tyres it could be bit of a weapon.
Sounds like this might be catching on a bit fella any picccysT:

·
Premium Member
6,123 Posts
This is the old girl back in captivity for the time being....

I normally ride 26" full sussers but I've got to admit I like to rob the wifes hardtail when its dry and I can whizz down the canal towpaths...

If I buy anything soon it'll either be a Giant XTC / On One Carbon 29 or the crosser....

Meanwhile this is the crosser I was looking at yesterday..

... I think he'll have to save his pocket money up for a while!

·
Registered
957 Posts
I worked fixing bike manufacturing machinery a long time ago, I left it 1996 with a very nice bike, ally frame all the bits are Shimano Deore DX, it nice.
I went out a couple of days ago with our son on his Specialized Pitch Pro and whilst his is an excellent bike mine went to the same places, the technology has come on a bit but there are still some awesome bikes about for very little money, some are just a fashion accesory
I also remember when we got a racer put straight bars and nobbly tyres on it as this was the only offroad bike apart from a Grifter

·
Registered
1 Posts
Я также люблю кататься на горных лыжах и поэтому предпочитаю отдыхать на природе, а не сидеть дома.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Always trying to rest in the countryside, in the mountains. And, of course, I take my bike with me to stretch my muscles. Riding in the fresh air cheers you up for the whole day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Always trying to rest in the countryside, in the mountains. And, of course, I take my bike with me to stretch my muscles.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts