VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,
this is my first post here. sorry for mistakes, my English isnt very good.

I am a proud owner of a VW T5 and i encountered some problems.
I bought one month ago a t5 without seemingly any problems. i did 500km with it and one evening i started the engine and i suddenly the engine wouldn't run smooth as before.
I made a Vag Com readout and this is the result:

Address 01: Engine Labels: REDIR FAIL!
Control Module Part Number: 070 906 016 EA HW: 070 906 016 EA
Component and/or Version: R5 2,5L EDC G000SG 2540
Software Coding: 0051072
Work Shop Code: WSC 10179 599 65170
VCID: 53AF0EE88ED1
1 Fault Found:

000769 - Cylinder 1: Misfire Detected
P0301 - 000 - -
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100000
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 415943 km
Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 714 /min
Speed: 0.0 km/h
Load: 0.0 %
Voltage: 14.44 V
Inj. Quantity: 2.96 mg/str
Temperature: 27.9°C
(no units): 0.0

I made an injector quantity readout and the following came up:

Address 01: Engine (070 906 016 EA)

14:53:37 Group 013
2.99 mg/str Inj. Quantity
-0.21 mg/str Inj. Quantity
0.21 mg/str Inj. Quantity
-1.58 mg/str Inj. Quantity

14:53:37 Group 014
-3.01 mg/str Inj. Quantity

Its obvious that i have to change the first injector with 2.99 mg/str Inj. Quantity ... but i observe that the 5th injector is off limits to: -3.01 mg/str Inj. Quantity .
The misfire only occures at cylinder 1 but this - 3.01 mg/str readout is scaring me ... does this mean that i have two bad injectors or the fifth cylinder is just compensating somehow the bad first injector.

I hope you understand my dilemma and somebody can help me figuring it out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
415000km that's quite a few miles. What history on the engine? Previous camshaft or injector replacement? Injector loom?
415000 isnt a small number ... but i bought the car from a company who declared the the engine damaged.
they found water in the engine and they thought the engine block is fissured. I have a trustworthy mechanic that took the engine appart. i went with the engine to a company who verifies this engines under pressure and they sad the engine has no problems and it was probably the water pump seal that let water in the oil. I was extremly happy to hear that. i bought the 174 bhp Caravelle at a great price (4500Euro VAT included). Its in a really good condition.
My mechanic changed what he thought it was necessary (we English isn't very good and i cant really explain what he changed) and everything looked good for the moment.
I dont think the injector loom is a problem, cuz i changed the injector from cylinder 1 to 3 and VAG reported the misfire from 3.
I verified the oil level is great...
it wouldnt be a problem to buy a new injector but i hope this solves the problem.
and my dilemma is: i have to replace only the injector form cylinder 1 (2.99 mg/str Inj. Quantity ) or cylinder 5 has a problem to. (-3.01 mg/str Inj. Quantity) ?

·
Registered
196 Posts
If the missfire followed the injector from 1 to 3 then it has to be the injector is faulty.

Injector quantity is used to smooth/balance the engine out,so with a faulty injector you can see funny readings from other cylinders.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the missfire followed the injector from 1 to 3 then it has to be the injector is faulty.

Injector quantity is used to smooth/balance the engine out,so with a faulty injector you can see funny readings from other cylinders.
Thank you r6eck. This was the answer i was looking for. A:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts