VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
It's always a bit awkward to compliment another man on how good his rear end looks - but that looks great!

Keep your eyes peeled on eBay - there's often a few decent wheels come available on there. I picked my T6-style MFSW up off there - brand new with airbag for about £350.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
Don`t seem to be many choices unless you go for a later Golf one which due to the smaller size..aren`t really suitable apparently. This is the only one I`ve seen Van-X | VW T5.1 Transporter Steering Wheel - Leather
Don't forget the mk7 golf mfsw's I told you about, same as the one I have, massive improvement (y)
Now you've got me thinking about that!😂
Im not fussed about the multifunction steering wheel so would be great for me too!
MFSW is a nice addition though (y)
It's always a bit awkward to compliment another man on how good his rear end looks - but that looks great!

Keep your eyes peeled on eBay - there's often a few decent wheels come available on there. I picked my T6-style MFSW up off there - brand new with airbag for about £350.
Blimey that was a good find, I spent £610 on the wheel, install and needle sweep activation. Still worth it though.

·
Premium Member
2011 T5.1 SWB 2.0L manual
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Camper place by me said I need a Reimo rail....I've looked at those and they seem to be for drive away awnings..which I'm not getting. Also, they're like £200 + 😮 and out of stock everywhere!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
You don't need a Reimo rail - just a standard awning rail - have a look on Lightning Leisures website - they sell a normal C channel one or you can get an offset one if you have (or intend to fit) roof bars.
That style of awning isn't really worth having a Kador strip but if you go for anything larger then getting a kador strip gives you the option of being able to slide it out and use it as a proper drive-away awning.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
As Split says, you only need a C channel and a £20 drive away kit, assuming the awning is a drive away version. I opted to get one with that option as it's better to have and not use it than the other option.
Definitely worth bearing in mind, your use of the camper has already evolved from when you first got it, sure you said it wasn't for over night stays, but alas. You may end up with a week away and if the shops are a bit of a trek, it's useful to be able to drive, plus explorer further afield.
Just food for thought Steve.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
You don't need a Reimo rail - just a standard awning rail - have a look on Lightning Leisures website - they sell a normal C channel one or you can get an offset one if you have (or intend to fit) roof bars.
That style of awning isn't really worth having a Kador strip but if you go for anything larger then getting a kador strip gives you the option of being able to slide it out and use it as a proper drive-away awning.
They recommend the Reimo as the are shaped the same as the van profile....expensive though. I don`t have roof bars...I`ll have a look for a C shaped one ta.

As Split says, you only need a C channel and a £20 drive away kit, assuming the awning is a drive away version. I opted to get one with that option as it's better to have and not use it than the other option.
Definitely worth bearing in mind, your use of the camper has already evolved from when you first got it, sure you said it wasn't for over night stays, but alas. You may end up with a week away and if the shops are a bit of a trek, it's useful to be able to drive, plus explorer further afield.
Just food for thought Steve.
Very true, it`s gone from a day van already haha. But I 100% will not be going for a week...that`s deffo 😂 The drive away ones are more than twice the price....not sure I can justify it....not that I have to 😂

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
To add to the confusion of drive away or not.....just seen an Outdoor Revolution Cayman Pursuit Air Drive-Up-To Awning.....drive up to...wtf? 😂

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
😂 not heard of a drive up to, surely that's just a tent that you park along side?

Edit: just a quick read and you don't need to attach these awnings to the van, so easier to pull up next to than a drive away version.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Don't forget the mk7 golf mfsw's I told you about, same as the one I have, massive improvement (y)
Yeah like I said, they`re a smaller diameter aren`t they? I`d rather keep the original size ;)

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
I assume with a poptop roof....the rail fits underneath the edge without compromising the seal?!?

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
Yeah like I said, they`re a smaller diameter aren`t they? I`d rather keep the original size ;)
I'll have to check, still got my original wheel at home in the office, will report back.
I assume with a poptop roof....the rail fits underneath the edge without compromising the seal?!?
I would imagine a concealed rail would sit nicely under the pop top, someone who has this set up will no doubt be along to help. It's certainly do-able, your fellow camper had a pop top and a canopy which would use the same c channel.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
More goodies ordered...watch this space and I will soon enLIGHTen you 😊

121 - 140 of 177 Posts