VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
It's always a bit awkward to compliment another man on how good his rear end looks - but that looks great!

Keep your eyes peeled on eBay - there's often a few decent wheels come available on there. I picked my T6-style MFSW up off there - brand new with airbag for about £350.
I think everyone likes a compliment on their rear end, van that is 😂

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
Rear lights are a piece of cake to fit, plug and play, took me 5 to 10 minutes with a bit of a clean up.
If no-one comes back to you re the awning rail, it's worth starting a new thread as pop top peeps may not have seen your query.

·
Premium Member
2011 T5.1 SWB 2.0L manual
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Rear lights are a piece of cake to fit, plug and play, took me 5 to 10 minutes with a bit of a clean up.
If no-one comes back to you re the awning rail, it's worth starting a new thread as pop top peeps may not have seen your query.
I think the camper place suggested the reimo because of my roof. The reimo is attached to the edge rather than on top...which is covered by the pop top. Problem is.....no one has any. I'll have an awning next week but no rail for possibly weeks.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
I think the camper place suggested the reimo because of my roof. The reimo is attached to the edge rather than on top...which is covered by the pop top. Problem is.....no one has any. I'll have an awning next week but no rail for possibly weeks.
You could just throw the guy ropes over the top of the van (well round the sides of the pop top) and peg it down on the drivers side. Maybe worth a trial run in the garden or the place you camped on Wednesday.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Worth a look at the vamoose combi rail (available on ebay) which is what I have to go on mine, basically a reimo copy as far as I'm aware. In stock and a fair bit cheaper I believe.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
I agree Pduk rear lights are about the easiest mod going (y)

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Worth a look at the vamoose combi rail (available on ebay) which is what I have to go on mine, basically a reimo copy as far as I'm aware. In stock and a fair bit cheaper I believe.

Just had a look on eBay....as dear if not dearer and none for VW. I'll have a nose about, thanks for the suggestion.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·

Result.
Screenshot_20210611-172821.png

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Oh....are they side specific like the Reimo ones? 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Look at me being all safety conscious and responsible 😂😂 All fires fire extinguisher and 90 piece first aid kit 😁
IMAG1019.jpg
IMAG1017.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
Some folk also install a smoke alarm for added piece of mind.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Nice one Steve, I just went out and checked and my repeaters run front to back. You can put them in either way though.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
Nice one Steve, I just went out and checked and my repeaters run front to back. You can put them in either way though.
I never even thought when I fitted them. I'd prefer them same as yours but don't fancy trying to get them back out 😂

141 - 160 of 177 Posts