VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at the Pioneer AVH range of DAB touchscreen units and I really want one. The major showstopper is that my smart phone is a Nokia 1020 Windows phone and the Pioneer range only seem to be Android or iOS compatible, Does anyone know if a similar product is available that supports multiple platforms besides Android and iOS?.

·
Special Rapporteur
9,968 Posts
I guess one question this raises is: what do you want your phone and the headunit to do together? Some things (such as accessing your phone's contact list from the headunit) don't require any compatibility at all at the OS level, while other things do.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its mainly about being able to do things such as sat nav, bluetooth (voice and data), with access to my music library, contacts etc

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Its mainly about being able to do things such as sat nav, bluetooth (voice and data), with access to my music library, contacts etc
Not knowing your phone, does it support Mirrorlink, if so many units have the Mirrorlink function, personally I do not think using the phone for sat nav is as good as a fully blown all in one unit, plus it will have all your other requirements you need, and probably treat it as a mass storage for music

1 - 4 of 4 Posts