VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I do a lot of day to day traveling in the Berks, Beds, Bucks and Oxon, I have a Kenwood 521 dab head unit and an internal aerial all fitted by VW, I struggle to get a consistent reception with the radio fading in and out.
Can anyone recommend a decent external aerial to fit on my T5.1.
Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try an internal window mounted DAB aerial, I'm in the process of buying a Calearo aerial, bought from a local retailer via Celsus, who import them to the UK.

I was told they were very good aerials, and obviously not as obtrusive as an external aerial, which means drilling panels possibly?

I'd heard the wing mirror type might be problematic, I was going to go down that route, and glad I didn't now.

Absolute are very helpful people, I spoke to the guy a couple of times, very informative.

Cheers Dean

·
Premium Member
4,724 Posts
Hi I do a lot of day to day traveling in the Berks, Beds, Bucks and Oxon, I have a Kenwood 521 dab head unit and an internal aerial all fitted by VW, I struggle to get a consistent reception with the radio fading in and out.
Thanks.
The 521 is t the best DAb unit out there, however it can be improved a great deal with a decent external.

We highly recommend and have installed many to members T5s a AntennaSystems, all in one roof mount, it looks like a beesting but around 5" shorter, and it gives unrivalled DAB performance

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks.
I was using the Kenwood screen mounted aerial with pretty much zero reception for DAB (Around Devon), fitted the one below mate, spot on. Signal drops very occasionally but it's expected for this neck of the woods. Works better than I could have hoped for, its perfect in more civilised areas with better coverage I:T:

http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/Kinetic_DRA-6003_FM-AM_DAB_car_aerial.html

·
Registered
70 Posts
The 521 is t the best DAb unit out there, however it can be improved a great deal with a decent external.

We highly recommend and have installed many to members T5s a AntennaSystems, all in one roof mount, it looks like a beesting but around 5" shorter, and it gives unrivalled DAB performance
What do you do when you need to go under a car park barrier with this type of ariel?

Paul

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the Absolut5 antenna fitted and transformed my dab radio signal. The majority of the (short) length is still bendy so can squeeze under barriers ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts