VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have a 2013 Caravelle ( T5.1 ) which came fitted as standard, I have front and rear parking sensors that are displayed on the head unit.

Now what I am looking for is a new Radio that has DAB and that when the parking sensors kick in that it's still displayed, I also have factory Bluetooth.

I have looked at the Pumpkin radios and some other ones... can anyone confirm if any units support this feature (OPS )or recommend a mid price unit that would fit my needs ( talking £200 - £500 ).

Not too fussed about satnav as have a tomtom - but Andriod Auto seems nice.

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Some android canbus models might do it, but you need to make sure they support the T5.1 specifically, many makes have a bunch of generic makers profiles for the canbus adapter which might or might not work, or only some car models like golf etc, and its not always enough to get it working right. Not just pdc either simple stuff like on off via canbus.

At your budget Im not sure if theres affordable mainstream makes Im out of touch a bit.

You could always look at a retrofit of some of the VW RNS systems.

Personally I wouldnt have anything else but android setups now, but mines done without canbus, not much point in it on a T5. Android still isnt for everyone though, it requires a bit of knowledge and mental effort to install and setup just right in these stereos though theyre much better out of the box than they used to be.

Look at 8 core setups from the likes of Joying, xtrons, autopumpkin and look at buying direct with uk warranty too many muppets buy ebay or the like from resellers and ropy warranties.

xtrons have a discount scheme of some sort, probably where Ill get my next one.

Android 8+, 8 core ARM PX5 CPU, 4gb ram and 32gb rom are the best ones to look at right now, anything less is out of date. dont assume theyre canbus, some are sold without and its done via an extra adapter, sometimes an addon item for cost.

Personally my favourites are the 10.1 screen versions, which you could do on a T5.1 via a double din facia conversion kit.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Forgot to say, some have DAB, some dont, some can have it added via a seperate unit.

I dont listen to the UK radio, its all dross and egotistical DJ's babbling inane excrement, but if I did I'd want DAB as the only station I can stand is Absolute Radio!

·
Registered
2 Posts
All,

I have a 2013 Caravelle ( T5.1 ) which came fitted as standard, I have front and rear parking sensors that are displayed on the head unit.

Now what I am looking for is a new Radio that has DAB and that when the parking sensors kick in that it's still displayed, I also have factory Bluetooth.

I have looked at the Pumpkin radios and some other ones... can anyone confirm if any units support this feature (OPS )or recommend a mid price unit that would fit my needs ( talking £200 - £500 ).

Not too fussed about satnav as have a tomtom - but Andriod Auto seems nice.

Any help appreciated.
Hello there,
I am just looking at a 2013 T5 with front and rear parking sensors, and intend to fit a DAB unit if possible.
What conclusion did you come to, and would you have any advice for me?

Thanks, Oz.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts