VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometime over the weekend some scumbag tried to break in to my van. the good thing is they couldn't get in but made a bit of a mess around the sliding door handle. 7 other vans got broken into in my area and had tools taken.
i have now disconnected the sliding door completely so not even i can use it :(
my question is..... is there some sort of armoured plate to cover the mess or a plate that blanks the whole handle/lock area off. i am going to fit a solenoid to the door release and have a button inside the cab to open it so i don't need a handle etc :)

also a reminder to be alert if you are in or around Northampton as breaking in to vans seems to be the latest fashion.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ye its a panel van but has a rear window with a metal fence. it is backed up to my garage so the rear is pretty secure. it has a half metal bulkhead and the rest is done in 12mm ply but fitted very good and sealed.
i will probably get a stainless plate made up that covers the whole recess if no one does one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem with the sliding door. I can't find an armoured plate anywhere to cover it so think a deadlock is the only option. Then fill the holes in around the handle.

Mike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts