VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be trying to claim this from the council and if they don't play ball, I'll be taking them to a small claims court. The roads around Aberdeen are in a shocking state of repair and have been for a long time now. I pay road tax for three vehicles, so I've made a fair contribution to the pot and they do nothing in return.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'll be trying to claim this from the council and if they don't play ball, I'll be taking them to a small claims court. The roads around Aberdeen are in a shocking state of repair and have been for a long time now. I pay road tax for three vehicles, so I've made a fair contribution to the pot and they do nothing in return.

View attachment 189086 View attachment 189087 View attachment 189088

View attachment 189086 View attachment 189087 View attachment 189088
You should have no problem claiming off the council, maybe you could see if any CCTV cameras were active that could help you.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should have no problem claiming off the council, maybe you could see if any CCTV cameras were active that could help you.
Unfortunately it is in a wooded area with no cameras. When I went back to get some photos, I took some video footage of cars swerving into the oncoming lane to avoid the pothole. When I hit it, there was a car coming the other way, so I had no where to go. I'm gutted as I just got them powder coated last year. Looks like the steel wheels will have to go back on for the time being.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
You should be able to claim with sufficient photos. I managed to get a set of Porsche rims replaced when I broke one on my old splitty after hitting a pothole. Took plenty of photos and they asked me to get a quote and then paid up! Surprised it was so easy to be honest. I guess different councils may differ tho!

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
Gutted! The roads are shocking all over, there's a stretch of country lane I drive down where I have to act like an F1 driver warming his tyres up, if a copper saw me he'd pull me over thinking I was drunk.
Unfortunately even when the council "sorts" the pothole out, they'll just fill it as it appears they've done multiple times already, so in time it'll resurface (yep that's a pun).
A couple of year ago I was heading to work, went a different route to keen life interesting, again a country lane, cam to a corner with a car pulled up on the other side of the road with hazards on, a few meters on there was another car doing the same, then a group of 3, turned another corner and must have been 6 cars or so all parked up, as I passed the last car on the road was a 3ft long x 1ft deep pothole, they'd obviously been closely driving the vehicle infront so had no time to react and 1 by 1 plowed into oblivion.
Keep yer peepers open folks!
Hopefully you get this sorted asap.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The council and my insurance are only willing to pay for one alloy wheel,. Due to me not being able to source the same model that I currently have, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy another set of wheels whilst they are sorting it out. I've decided to go through my insurance and let them chase the council for the money and they have supplied me with a loan vehicle for 7 days and are getting the alignment checked and are also chipping in for a mobile fitter to come round and change my tyres onto the new alloys I've bought. I've gone for 20" again, so I don't need to buy new tyres. I think these will look pretty smart on a blackberry T5.1. Satin bronze is the colour.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Velare are churning out some decent looking wheels. More than a touch of Vossen about some of them..

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The new wheels should be arriving today. A mobile fitter is coming tomorrow to change the tyres over and I'll be getting an alignment check on Thursday.

I'll get some photos up when the wheels are on.

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
Those will looks great on your blackberry, maybe a couple of satin bronze touches here and there to tie it all together (y)

Reactions: rnb

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the new wheels on yesterday. They look much darker than advertised, however I really like them.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are they bronze? I think theyre actually better being darker .
Meant to be. They were advertised as satin bronze on the website and it says that on the boxes with the correct code as the ones advertised. They did look a slightly lighter shade in the sun this afternoon, but much darker than the photo I posted earlier in this thread.

I'm very happy with them anyway and think the van is still a bit stealthy.

Desperately needs to go down now .
I hear you and agree that aesthetically it would look nicer sitting lower. I got Sportline springs fitted when I bought it which should have lowered it a little, but she's still very high. I do motorbike trackdays and sometimes have a couple of ZX10's and associated kit in there, so I don't want it buffing. It's all about compromise. So, looks wise, I agree, but she handles great with the Sportline springs. It's the T30 (140ps), so she's nippy enough too. Since I've had it I've only added alloys (2nd set....), springs, black VW badges front and rear, mud flaps, rear bumper protector, cruise control and a spoiler. For a 64 plate, she's only got 27k miles. I bought it when it was a year old with 10k, so I'll let you do the sums. It just got MOT'd last week and had only done 1700 miles since its last one. Pretty lame mileage I know, but I doubt I'll ever sell it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts