VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am in the process of removing the bulkhead bracket that is spot welded to the body. During this I removed the cab carpet (comfort pack) to discover the under side really damp/wet! :eek:

Tomorrow I was going to take it to a VW garage as its still under warranty to see if the wet floor issue can be resolved.

My question is:

What could the cause of the wet cab carpet underside?

Will the removal of the bulkhead brakect have voided the warranty?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I removed my bulkhead bracket the other week from my van which I've only just brought second hand (06 plate), under my cab mat was also damp. The only thing I could pinpoint this to was the cab had been washed out and the water collected at the lowest point under the mat.

I have also seen a build thread here somewhere where the owner found to have a leaky roof and the water found its way down the B pillar area.

I have since dried everything out and will be re-inspecting in a few weeks when lesuire batery and swivel base go in.

·
Administrator
5,513 Posts
Usual causes are

Where the cab has been washed out

There is a leak from one of the roof rack bolts (make sure all tight)

Leak from the windscreen

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. Ithe. Ar pet was damp where it met the bulkhead bra let the full width of the van.

I have striped the carpet out not and wil run the van like this for the next week to see if I can spot any water ingres.

I checked the roof bolts and they are all present and tight. May have been when the cab was cleaned before I picked the van up..... Time will tell. Will update at the end of the week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts