VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as technology is a big thing in most peoples vans I was wondering if anyones got a dash cam & if you have what sort/setup it is & has it been any use for catching good footage.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Watching car crash Britain at the moment, seriously considering get one myself now!!:eek:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No they ripped off the sportline lower bumper, mess they made of it would have probably activated the motion control!
Sorry to hear that bud! The s!

Sometimes glad I live up here when I here of things like this & then I think of postage costs & it evens everything out!

Maybe buy a camera before you buy a new splitter?

Cheers

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my son got me a mobius cam the picture is stunning,i leave it running all the time,good value.
That looks like a good camera & cheap too! Think I'd go for something more fixed down that you couldn't open the door & walk away with.

Surprised Pioneer haven't designed a module for there head units that could record the reverse cam & one thats fitted to the front?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Ive got a cheap ebay jobbie but it certainly does the job, had one incident a few weeks back in my lupo when someone did a horrible manouver, that got sent to the police, it was dark but still clear enough to see what had happened. got one in each car

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a Transcend Drive Pro 200 in our van.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transcend-DrivePro-Video-Recorder-Built-In-Black/dp/B00GRYT5QI

I bought a cheap 12 extension lead, chopped the end off, put an in line fuse in and rigged that in to my split charge relay so that power is supplied on ignition (more or less). I mounted the camera in the centre of the windscreen up high and ran the cable in the lining, down the pillar to the left ending up behind the glovebox then plugged in to the 12v extension socket.

The camera is fantastic and having it accessible from the iPad works a treat. I take the camera off when not in use so as not to be a target for thieves.

I understand that certain parts of the windscreen must not be obstructed by things stuck to them, particularly in the area covered by the wipers. You'd have to do some research. My camera is in the area that would be covered by a factory fit rear view mirror so I presume it's fine.

The only miley interesting thing that we've caught in camera is an old lady coming towards us the wrong way around a roundabout.

Good luck.

·
Registered
12,610 Posts
Having been rear ended a couple of times in the past I bought a cheap dual camera set-up and have one mounted front and back .

Picture in picture display shown on the screen but stored as separate files in full hd.

Wouldn't be without it now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got myself a Mio MiVue 518 from Halfors (on line) if they haven't got one in store - £100 plus £10 for a 32gb micro card. Simple to set up, straight from the box in a few minutes. Works via the lighter socket. Excellent HD playback on day or night recordings. Of course, also can use it from vehicle to vehicle if required.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got myself a Mio MiVue 518 from Halfords (on line) if they haven't got one in store - £100 plus £10 for a 32gb micro card. Simple to set up, straight from the box in a few minutes. Works via the lighter socket. Excellent HD playback on day or night recordings. Of course, also can use it from vehicle to vehicle if required.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts