VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to remove my dash clocks as I got some chrome rings to fit- but can't find a 'how to' on this forum :*
I have used the search facility but with no joy :(

Does the steering wheel need to come off? (I got a new one to go on anyway)

Any help, pictures, guides etc all gratefully appreciated, x

·
Registered
776 Posts
No need to remove the wheel Kate, just extend the wheel fully, remove the plastic cover under the dash above the pedals, then look up from the drivers foot well and there are 2 torq screws. Undo these and the clocks just pull out!!! T:

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No need to remove the wheel Kate, just extend the wheel fully, remove the plastic cover under the dash above the pedals, then look up from the drivers foot well and there are 2 torq screws. Undo these and the clocks just pull out!!! T:
No way! As simple as that? OMG, I think even I can do that- will attempt tomorrow morning (pending snow)

Thank you muchly mr cubepete :ILU: x

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No way! As simple as that? OMG, I think even I can do that- will attempt tomorrow morning (pending snow)

Thank you muchly mr cubepete :ILU: x
Well, I'm stumped as to where the 2 torx screws are :* x

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I'm stumped as to where the 2 torx screws are :* x
:D:D:D WOOOOO-HOOOOO :D:D:D

I found them, though now I've removed them I'm not sure if I'll be able to get them both back in :confused:

Will try though.................. x

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for you input T:

All done and sorted and build thread updated ;) x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts