VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all W:

This is my first post and hope I cover all relivant info.

I bought my 98 T4 1200D SWB pannel yesterday. 100 miles or so up he road the speedo, temp gauge and fuel gauge stopped working and continued to show their last positions.

I have changed/ checked all fuses under the dash to no avail.

after reading alot of very good threads I tried to remove the gauges but have got stuck and can't remove the PCB from the white plastic back. as you can see from the photo it is the digital/lcd style odometer.

Can anyone advise on way forward please

ps the clock didnt work when i bought the van.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Welcome mate!!

Double check fuse 21.

I think the horn is the same 15amp fuse on 13 if you have no spare (check horn works before you swap to try).

If not, and you need them, I have a set of clocks for £40 posted.

T:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers I gave it a shot and still nothing. I'll try a few more things first but might take you up on the "clocks" offer

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Don't quote me, but chances are, if your clocks have gone and it doesnt seem to be a fuse, it may be worth while getting a set that does first as last or you could be searching for a long time. £40 sounds a good deal, take up the offer while you have the clocks out. T:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I only bought the clocks cos I had a temp light issue so they helped me prove a point. I paid £50.

Sorry I couldn't help with the fuses.

Check the part number of your clocks when they out.

7DO 919 900 E are the ones I have.

Hope u sort without much hastle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all
Just a quick update.

I bought a second hand unit fitted it and all is well :)

My only little niggle is that the clock shows 184000 miles now rather than the original 143000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts