VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I have a set of JBL power P-42 speakers waiting to be fitted. Not sure what they sound like yet but my mate who i got them from rates them.
Cheers.

W

·
0 Posts
I dropped in a set of 10cm Pioneer speakers yesterday and they are perfect. I am away from the van tonight but I will put the model number up at the weekend

·
Registered
530 Posts
I put vibe slick 40's in just had to trim the screw lugs off. Sound and fit great. Got mine for 20 quid off ebay brand new. Came recommended from other people on this forum T:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put vibe slick 40's in just had to trim the screw lugs off. Sound and fit great. Got mine for 20 quid off ebay brand new. Came recommended from other people on this forum T:
cheers all.............

vibe slick 40s look like a good shout do they sound ok...gotta be better than originals??? £31 cheapest now on ebay.......

·
Registered
652 Posts
Do you have to trim the VW connectors off and put new ones on for new speakers?

·
Registered
530 Posts
You can snip off the connectors and with the vibe slicks you have spade connectors which you simply then attach to the existing wires you have trimmed the connectors off. - Or if lazy like me just plug the new wires into the connectors and use electrical tape to secure (probably not the best way though!)

Yeah the slicks sound good, very clear and loud (plus a british company I think and very helpful customer service) but I think you are a bit limited by the surrounding dash material as to the bass you will get out of them/or any other speakers as it starts to vibrate, but I am sure you could solve this with some dynamat around the hole.
The slicks come with a rubber surround which i managed to keep on which I think improves the sound T:

I would say they are worth 31 quid as that is still a discounted price, got to be better than paying full price for some in halfords which may not be as good!

·
Registered
297 Posts
After the advice from people on here, i have just won a pair of vibe 4" speakers for £16-50......... Result:ILU:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts