VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to board up the bulk head today but the timber yard was closed:( So I decided to spend the day spraying the dash board:D looks a million times better and I added a little extra whilst parts were off. What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
636 Posts
wow i'm impressed.......seen it done before but that was taking the dash out and that looked scary......did you rub it down or use any special cleaner.....and what paint did you use if you dont mind me asking j:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow i'm impressed.......seen it done before but that was taking the dash out and that looked scary......did you rub it down or use any special cleaner.....and what paint did you use if you dont mind me asking j:
Cheers:) It took a hell of a long time to prep with all the masking tape and newspaper, but the spraying itself took no time at all. I'm very lazy and impatient so I simply brushed it all and gave it a quick wipe with a damp cloth, then I sprayed one layer and whilst I was waiting for that to get tacky I sprayed all of the small bits i could take off easily i.e the glove box, foot panel etc, then sprayed it with another layer, waited for an hour or so and hey presto, looks better than brand new! Can't see much point in going to all the effort of taking the whole dash appart. Also, I used Simoniz gloss black paint which cost something like £2.80 from my local Auto Quip- bargain!

·
i am t4lwb steve
2,832 Posts
some time the cheaper easier mods/jobs make the van
like changing wheels or painting rusty steels can make all the difference
well done top mod, for beer moniesT:

·
Registered
682 Posts
That looks excellent mate. I think I will go down this route too, at least if it goes wrong, you can always redo it using another method T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts