VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do,

I've got many blank button spaces free for additional buttons. The only one i do have is ASR.

What i'd like to do wire in a few things like reversing camera button etc...

So does anybody know where i can get a hold of said buttons / switches.

I've only owned my van for 2 week and i'm pimping it up a bit. Just out of interest mine's a T30 how is this different to a T5 ?

regards

Phil

·
previously known as passattdi
1,173 Posts
The other blanks are for things like heated rear screen and sliding doors etc, I couldn't even begin to think what would fill them up.

Your van is a T5 but I think the T28, T30 etc is like the trim level or engine size. I met a guy once who thought his van was a 2.8 litre engine because it said T28.

Hope this has been of some help for you.

Cheers

Alex

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I'd be interested to know where you can get the buttons from. Wouldnt mind the blanks to use the switches for some gadgets for my van.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Ive only got ASR on a Sportline...T30 is the weight limit

You would need to speak to VW to see whats available but im sure you could use an ASR switch wired in and put a sticker over the top to make it look OEM for all your gadgets

Thats what im going to do when i fit my webasto heater T:

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've drilled out a couple of my blanks to fit round 20mm LED rocker switches for the rear camera and stereo isolation. They fit neatly into the space available at the back of the blanks and look a treat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers all,

I think i'll first find out what VW dealers charge and if it's a bit steep i'll fashion something from RS or Farnell.

I actually design electronic equipment for a living so i'll probably use a non latching single pole push button which latches and de-latches a relay upon a single push.

Yep T30 means 3 tonne but it is the T5 shape. Its all becoming clear now.

Think i've got the beginnings of the customising bug VW vans have this effect on you ....

T:

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
I have a range of switches that will fit. They are not flush with the dash when fitted but recessed about 5 mm.

·
Registered
561 Posts
hey Phil, yes the T30 is load rating. Perhaps more importantly than absolute weight is that brakes / suspension may be different between T28, 30 , 32.

So that means different size brake discs which in turn can have an effect on wheel sizes that allow the brake disc to fit within the wheel. I'm pretty sure the T32 has uprated brake pads and larger discs. this all counts when you replace stuff, or change wheels etc.

You'll have to search the posts to find the exact detail but clearly its worth you knowing. If you end up towing things, you may for example decide to upgrade your brakes. As you can tell, I don't know that much, but I know where to look now to find out.

Have fun on the site, there's an absolute wealth of info on here and some great contributors.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
This is the up/down switch for the locking upgrade, other colours/configs are available

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
What are you showing me? This thread is about alternative dash switches. I can't see any in the picture:*

·
Registered
189 Posts
I did a search on Google and this thread appeared. Apologies if there is a later thread.

What switches did you use in the end guys? I need a switch for rear sub amp and another for the radio as it keeps flattening my leisure battery when off.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 38 Posts