VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thinking about a plate and the dateless ones seem cheap but are they.
anything we should no or avoid buying anyone any infoA:A:

·
Super Moderator
9,192 Posts
Irish plate are cheaper but the dateless UK plates can be dear. My Irish plate cost me over £1900 13 years ago. Maybe a bit cheaper now

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
Some of those Irish plates can be had for 35 quid on eBay but i don't like the look of em myself.great tho if your name is bez or oil.I prefer 3 letters 3 numbers.I am on the look out for one cheap.I have bought one in the past that I've had on a few cars now on my splitty.the only thing I felt was when I was more of an animal driver in my misspent and increasingly receding youth it felt a bit identifiable if you get my meaning.....tho o drive like a granny now so no worries!
These 3 &3 plates are often over valued so bide your time.I'm considering buying a cheap ish classic and taking the plate off but I'm not too fussy about the numbers letters etc so that wouldn't work for everyone
I would say that I think these plates are to me an asthetic not summat to hide the age of my van

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have seen the ebay ones from 29quid now but there is no mention of the hidden chargers, I will send a message to one see what comes back cost wise. for me its to hide the age of the van I have just spent a grand on a face lift but it will always say 58 on the plate yes I am vain :D

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
There will be a £85 transfer fee you need to pay DVLA

·
Registered
148 Posts
go on to the dvla cherished plate auction,i bought my last one there for quarter of what all the other sites wanted
Agreed!!
I have seen 3,3 plates go unsold at auction where the first bid would have been £250! I bought both my plates at auction as this is the only was DVLA sell suffix plates. Great experience. T:

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I bought ours off a guy on eBay he sold it with the transfer included he had 2 for sale mine and another dub one £350 including transfer

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have seen the ebay ones from 29quid now but there is no mention of the hidden chargers, I will send a message to one see what comes back cost wise. for me its to hide the age of the van I have just spent a grand on a face lift but it will always say 58 on the plate yes I am vain :D
Are you sure that was a dateless plate for £29??.. More likely to be age related for that as they go for peanuts now. Dateless plates normaly start around £400 ish. Ive just scrapped an old Sprinter van that had a DVLA bought age related plate on it and didnt bother transfering it as the transfer fee plus 1years retention was costing more than the plate was worth! Cheaper just to buy a new one. T:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Ye alot of reg plates are cheaper now I sold my last van with the reg BEZ and let it go with the van it was not really worth transfering .I have now just bought a T5 one for what I would consider little money T:T:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts