VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all.
how can i get around this?
the van i intend to build will just be a day van and will sleep in it 1 nigt max at a time.
will have a bed and a fitted cooker and thats about it.

i presume it cant be re register as a motor home as it needs table, water supply and prob a window but im sure i wont get it under normal van insurance. as soon as i mention cooker or bed they will put the phone down.
how have others got round this?
thanks
ian

·
Registered
882 Posts
yup - aviva couldnt get it into their heads - computer said no. Used Adrian Flux/HIC in the end. Glynwoods is meant to be better tho.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Try HIC as above, I am insured with them as a camper even though my V5 is down as minibus, I have a fixed bed, a means of cooking and a washing up bowl and that conforms to what they require, saved a fortune over just insuring as a panel van, also get unlimited mileage too :cool:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Try HIC as above, I am insured with them as a camper even though my V5 is down as minibus, I have a fixed bed, a means of cooking and a washing up bowl and that conforms to what they require, saved a fortune over just insuring as a panel van, also get unlimited mileage too :cool:

Exactly the same requirements as I got mine for and it took £450 off the panel van insurance quote

1 - 7 of 7 Posts