VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
IMO all daytime running lights look pants, and as soon as every car's got them there'll be even more pointless than they are now because people will become oblivious to them.

I can only presume that the some large LED manufacturer slid the EU a large brown envelope to get them made compulsory.

I make no apology for posting this again...

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Whats the purpose of "Daytime Running Lights"? I would assume a van shaped brick would be easy enough to see during daylight hours but I may be wrong!

Sorry.... sussed it, its al about vanity... "hey look at me with my pointless daytime running lights on, on this bright summers day! Their LED's you know!" :D

If they float your boat, then fill your boots! :confused:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Whats the purpose of "Daytime Running Lights"? I would assume a van shaped brick would be easy enough to see during daylight hours but I may be wrong!

Sorry.... sussed it, its al about vanity... "hey look at me with my pointless daytime running lights on, on this bright summers day! Their LED's you know!" :D

theres nothing new about daytime driving lights . volvo have used them for years and all new motorbikes have daytime lights standard . maybe not LED's but a saftey thing all the same T:

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I thought "Running lights" were just a poncy excuse to some uniformed thug from someone smarter who had left his fog lights on when not meteorologically required!T: Cheers, Tony.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

If you'd been pulled out on as many times as me while driving my brick shaped van - which always has it's headlights on - you'd probably put a shed full of lights on the front aswell

A recent occasion of nearly standing my van on its nose due to a fool - who when questioned said he didn't see me (in my brick shaped van with its headlights on from 5 yards away) - left me wondering whether my van was invisible.

My colleague - -in his recently aquired silver T5 - also feels as though he's joined the invsible club

Don't assume mate - it's the mother........

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you'd been pulled out on as many times as me while driving my brick shaped van - which always has it's headlights on - you'd probably put a shed full of lights on the front aswell
Surely that just reinforces the point that lights don't make the slightest bit of difference? If it doesn't, you're suggesting the only way to be safe is to strap a lighthouse to your bonnet...

LED running lights are a vanity item which is fine if you like that kind of thing, but please just admit that you think they make you look cool and stop with the pseudo-safety talk. Even the DoT admit that they can't provide evidence that there'll be a great decrease in accidents, or any decrease at all in accident severity.

It's just a Halfords/LED manufacturer brown envelope job...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Oh dear, the EU aren't going to like it then.

They apparently, so I believe, have decreed that all new vehicles produced in the next year or so WILL have Daylight Running Lights fitted as standard.

Of course, in my Avatar, you can't see my D R L on my Brick can you?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its nice that everyone is getting involved but the whole point of this thread was to get some ideas from people who have fitted lights in their t4 bumpers not if people like them or not (horses for courses).
But I do have a nice moulded space for lights in my bumper and thought (personally) that I will fill them with lights before I get the van sprayed.

so has anybody got any suggestions please..................................?????????????????????????????????????????????????

1 - 20 of 27 Posts