VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi mate, Ive put this here instead of on a PM just incase anyone else can help.

Wondered if you could do me a favour if its possible.

Is there anyway you can trace my vans original Reg from its vin number?

Its got a private plate on but it means nothing to me.
Ive even asked on the forum if anyone can think of something good i can say it stands for but no luck LOL:
I phoned DVLA and they said it wont cost me anything go back to the original but they cant tell me what it is until i apply for the swap...

How stupid is that??? What if i end up changing from my boring A13 MMH to L123 GAY???? Or worse... T5 VAN Rasp: Mind you, i could sell that I:

Anyway, Any help much appreciated mate

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why not just sell the plate and buy a new one :*
I dont think anyone would want the plate. And i dont have the money for a new one. Ive got a private plate on my MG that my dad bought off me. But the vans too old to have it on. Id quite like the original plate as my vans a 1992 so one of the early ones.

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
If I'm honest im not sure, what happens if the vehicle was first registered using that plate? I can check and see if there is any info on the service system but its unlikely if the vehicle hasnt been into a dealership

Dvla should be able to find out what the vehicles original plate was

I'll need your chassis number too

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I'm honest im not sure, what happens if the vehicle was first registered using that plate? I can check and see if there is any info on the service system but its unlikely if the vehicle hasnt been into a dealership

Dvla should be able to find out what the vehicles original plate was

I'll need your chassis number too
Cheers mate. Ill dig my log book out tomorrow. Oh actually its our lasses grandmas funeral so maybe tuesday. They said they cant give me that information until i go ahead with the swap. And as im not keeping the plate ill lose that once its swapped and be stuck with K123 NOB.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Nick its just occured to me that with a bit of tweaking your plate could actually mean something and be worth something to the right person,

so with the odd black number plate screw at the top of the H it could read A1 EMMA --------- A1 3MMH

Or is it just my over imaginative mind that as been altered by the 4 cans of orangeboom that I have just downed LOL:

10,824 Posts
You could still sell it I bet it's worth something after all it's a low number prefix, get a valuation done on it with someone like regtransfers, even if you get 200 for it :* when you remove a plate I don't think it goes back to the old reg I think it will have a new reg with that age prefix

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just don't post your Vin on here. T:
Cheers T: was going to PM it anyway but knowing me id forget and post it here

Nick its just occured to me that with a bit of tweaking your plate could actually mean something and be worth something to the right person,

so with the odd black number plate screw at the top of the H it could read A1 EMMA --------- A1 3MMH

Or is it just my over imaginative mind that as been altered by the 4 cans of orangeboom that I have just downed LOL:
Thats a top idea ****...... Now, how do i go about changing my name? I:

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You could still sell it I bet it's worth something after all it's a low number prefix, get a valuation done on it with someone like regtransfers, even if you get 200 for it :* when you remove a plate I don't think it goes back to the old reg I think it will have a new reg with that age prefix
DVLA said it should go back to the original unless its been bought which they reckon is unlikely. Only problem with selling it is, ill have to pay the £100 n odd that it costs now for retention wont i?

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
Dans spot on with this, someone probably has the original reg, you would be allocated an "old" reg number according to year of vehicle

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I thought to keep a plate on retention costs £25 a year?
It's definitely worth contacting the Reg companies and get a quote. I've sold two plates that way.
Good luck with it anywayT:

·
Registered
859 Posts
You wont get any choice, if you want a choice you will have to buy another plate from dvla, just get it put back to original and if it is J411 poo buy a £245 plate like i did.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts