VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't post here much but read through a few posts today and saw a few thumbs ups mentioned towards the idea of de badging the grill. Am I just old fashioned or is this massive disrespect to VW who make these great vans>??

And on another note, bonnet Bras?? is this not the easiest way to take 1k of the value of your van?? If its just to stop the stone chips why not wrap the whole van?? Maybe I am missing the point.

Lewis

·
Registered
67 Posts
it's all about the look! i've got a ratty t4 in tornado red and i've ordered a black and white chequered one for it, i don't care about protecting the paint (it's already chipped to ****). look at it this way, it's like marmite you either love it or hate it.

·
Banned
1,450 Posts
To me its about not looking like all the work vans that are driven by people who dont know they have a cool motor.
Yes, I am de-badged and Bra wearing ( so is the van ) but i like the fact its instantly stands away from unmolested vans.

Cheers

P

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
All boils down to personal choice I think.
Can't see a bra knocking 1000 quid off a van:confused:
Got my bra on just to tart my van up a bit and to keep the red and black theme going a bit. Seemed a cheaper option sticking a black bra on rather than colour coding the bumpers.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I am keeping the standard grill, but have a bra on my van.... It was firstly to protect the bonnet from stone chips, as everytime i went out to wash it, it had another one!! but then i found them new ones that cmc do, and got one bought and fitted.. Well happy with it, and CMC, first class company to deal with...

·
Registered
19 Posts
ok mate fair comment. but let me ask you one thing? if you had a good looking lady! would you have her going around with no bra on. my van is like a stunning women. she isn`t braless but she catches the eye. you cant beat a van in underwear.Rasp:

·
Registered
84 Posts
im a chequered bra wearer, for all the reasons above. would agree tho, if youve got the paint thats the muts nuts( and you can live with the potential paint damage) then yeah, go naked 'cause you'll stand out anyway. for me its a large tag, image, icon to warrant the flash and waive to and from other like minded owners though.
(oh and i love it too)

·
Registered
601 Posts
iv bin thinking bout getting one for the reason that would tidy my bonnet up till i can afford the decent paint job,
Only thing that concerns me is if leaving it on all the time will it damge the paint and or do they hold water ? would it help the bonnet rust at all ?

cheers

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
ok mate fair comment. but let me ask you one thing? if you had a good looking lady! would you have her going around with no bra on. my van is like a stunning women. she isn`t braless but she catches the eye. you cant beat a van in underwear.Rasp:
woman no bra woman no bra woman no bra woman no bra woman no bra............ why cant i get that outta my head................woaman no bra woman no bra woman no braI:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts