VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought myself a decat front pipe from barnes silencers on e bay.(01248 450721)
spot-on replacement part for my 03 88bhp.
seems to go heaps better, reving quicker and giving a nice turbo whistle from 2500 rpm!!
well worth doing guys.pipe cost £41 plus £11 delivery.
got a backbox at the same time as mine fell off!!!
all in cost £91 delivered.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Result and bagain as well i remeber dectaing mine.................it was awsome wait till you upgrade them nozzles phowarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :ILU: you plymouth boys coming down to the cornwall jamboree........

·
T4-Tastic !!!
45 Posts
Does anyone know the legality regarding d-cating out vans? I've got an 03 88bhp, this sounds like it would be a suitable upgrade, will it get through an MOT like this ?:confused:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Chop out the middle box too you dont need it! A:
,,,,agree with you there mate,,mine as a side exit with one can/silencer now its deffo not loud just right & its really made the difference in letting the motor breathe T:,its well worth chopping off the original exhaust & doing your own in a bigger diameter plus its a fair amount in weight tooT:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Definitely a good move, along with the EGR de-gunking improved mine no end.

I used a 2.4 diesel non cat front silencer. £26.07 no VAT. Straight fit.T:

BOSAL No: 233-113

·
Registered
267 Posts
I got the same decat off barnes have to say for the price you cant go wrong the engine feels more responsive and free revving thumbs up for barnes!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
best bet is to get a straight through stainless system 2.5" as straight and short as poss with no boxs companies like powerflow do a good deal :ILU: worth the extra £££££s I have looked very closly at decats avaliable inculding stainless ones, i dont see the point in having a decat in a restrictive system so wont be selling them would be intersting to see a before and after power run with one?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts