VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just ordered a de-cat pipe, bolts, clamp and gasket as the pipe is rusting away, cat it's self is fine.

So I have three questions T:

How hard is it to change the pipe your self, I'll be working under the van on axle stands, so not ideal for comfort?

Is there anything I should be aware of, ways to make the job easier.

And how much should I expect from the scrappies for a cat.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
My hubby has just fitted a decat pipe to ours it was all done within 30 mins, he used axle stands and the worst bit was separating the exhaust, we still have the cat in the garage so dont know what its worth, it has made a lot of difference to the vans power, well worth doing :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Anne T:

Well after putting it on axle stands and looking at , the rain started coming down, so I decided to let some one else do it on their ramp for me I:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Done mine on axle stands, not ideal, but was ok... Although to be honest I didnt notice much difference in power :*
Got £35 for the cat at the scrappy!

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
It seems the cat is only worth something if it's an original as the aftermarket ones don't contain much in the way of precious metals, i had a scrappy offer me £1! :eek:

The hardest part of changing the pipe is seperating the two pieces where they slide inside one another.

·
Registered
799 Posts
It seems the cat is only worth something if it's an original as the aftermarket ones don't contain much in the way of precious metals, i had a scrappy offer me £1! :eek:

The hardest part of changing the pipe is seperating the two pieces where they slide inside one another.
i think you may have been had there :*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts