VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 177 Posts

·
Pedal box guru
2,616 Posts
Top half of the bulkhead in today, welded and sealed in.

Also filled the little holes.

Just need to find a tailgate so I can start fabricating the top to the tub.

Hi Gary,

Glad it fits ok. I'll chase the office next time their in probably tomorrow and give you a call.

Cool project.

Cheers Trev.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
yeah will do when I run out, can you recommend size/type/supplier
boc, think its called argoshield, they do a bottle about 3ft is, will last you for ever. on mine at home i use good old beer gas from pub lol

argoshield will give you proper weld, beer gas is a bit splattery but still ok

·
Registered
494 Posts
boc, think its called argoshield, they do a bottle about 3ft is, will last you for ever. on mine at home i use good old beer gas from pub lol

argoshield will give you proper weld, beer gas is a bit splattery but still ok
adams gas[google it]do buy a cylinder £55 refill £30 ish no rent money back on return of cylinder

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Off topic.

I use Koogar 5 from Air Products. Bottle rental has soared now to over £100 a year but it pays for itself year after year but will have to investigate that Adams Gas cos i'm tight.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Managed to get a tailgate today, and sorted the hinge at the bottom, prob slightly too high maybe 10mm but only way I could get the hinge to work without serious fabrication, just got to sort away to still utilise the original handle and lock to shut it :D

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
LOL: sorry I: Made me laugh that you appear concerned about serious fabrication LOL: Think you may be in a little deep chap ;)

This is a great build btw. Cant wait to see it finished :cool:

21 - 40 of 177 Posts