VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, the security threads can make for pretty sombre reading i must say it's pretty rubbish knowing that after all our saving up and hard work etc some toad may come and 'liberate' us of our stuff or indeed our beloved Dubs.

Any solid anti break in/theft ideas would be very welcome as i am trying to think of a ways to get my 'peace of mind' back.

Any thoughts on the following?

My windows(except the windscreen of course) are all security tinted. the side and back ones double tinted as they are silver with security film over the top.(all properly done by southcoast tints no blistering etc perfect)

i have some niffty 'lock pins' that sit flush with the top of the door card making it near impossible to pull them up when they are pushed down. (you know the thing you press to lock the door from the inside lol) However i read that you can pop the lock with a screw driver so....thats nice.(will try and get a phot up when i get my van back from the garage)

i was thinking that alarms are all very fancy but people tend to ignore car alarms in my experience are they really worth all that money?

Was thinking about deadbolting all the doors but.... have the locks on the inside except one door..... anybody fit these? (in the south)

does my 02 plate t4 2.5 have an immobiliser?

AAAGHH they're gonna nick it !!! theyre goonna smmash it! steal it! B-B-BURN MY LOVELY DUB help!! Help!!!LOL: Ha ha ha hahahaha.

1 Windows

2 Doors

3 Anti-drive my van away stuff.

4 Deterrent

Your Yoda like thoughts ladies and gentlemen please.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
billy bus, thanks for the great reply! Pretty comprehensive. some cool ideas, i have not thought of/heard of yet. Have you done all these things to yours? if so is there any chance of a couple of pictures?

Nice One mate:ILU:.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone agree/disagree so far?

also....

I know its a rubbish request, but has anyone experienced a break in/theft and know things that have/have not worked? your advice/experience would be very much appreciated.

p.s if anyone has any phots of security mods/devices, links, prices etc that would be very cool.

Many Thanks

Richy T:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just remember that no matter what you do, if someone wants it badly enough and has time and oppurtunity, they will have it.......
all your buying with security is
1 time... they need longer to break in/get started
2 the 'its ok we'll steal from that other one coz its easier' factor
3 der thats loocs realy komplikated like mate dont kno iff i can get passed thet and drive it like!!

decide... are you securing the van, or its contents and gear it to that.... if back is empty and glovebox open , windows clear so they can see there is nothing worth stealing....why break in....thats why trucks leave backs open when empty

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Billybus that sucks BIG TIME. B****rds.hsy:

Perhaps one day the queen will declare Wabbit season and we can finally have our revenge!!!!!

Glad to hear they did't get in though. Was umming about wether or not to put them on the outside. i'm gonna go with your view on this. Awesome, looking forward to the phots. Thanks A:

Its Official. Deadlocks are a good Anti-Pr**k Device.
WOO HOO!:D

P.s reckon i can fit just one more smiley in here LOL:

P.P.S i hear that deep in the swedish wilderness, there is a company makes GIANT padlocks that go round your WHOLE van! yep, they pack down into a small suitcase and will zap anyone for just looking at your van, in a non admiring fashion!! i just ordered mine of ebay....four hundred pounds plus packaging. Bar-gain.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nic, Like your thoughts a lot mate.

I'm gonna try and make sure there is nothing in the van as much as i can/on display etc from now on. Now you mention it, i seem to remember watching a program a while back about smash and grab thieves. This one individual(who had been caught) he sort of explained their ethos if you like, he reckoned that'if it's on display then it's fair game and you deserve to have it stolen' (or words to that effect). says a lot about their mentality, i totally disagree, but its food for thought along the lines of what you were saying.

So : IT'S IMPORTANT TO SECURE YOUR VEHICLE BUT, FIRSTLY, AVOID MAKING IT A (EASY) TARGET

Thanks bud T:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now theres an idea!A::ILU: Again not seen before. thanks cheeky.T: thanks for all your great advice guys, Keep it coming!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts