VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if dealers register quotations on a central computer?

I had a quote today from local dealer and thought i would get another couple from other dealers but if they register the quote or say your name then they would know what you had been quoted already or may even choose not to quote.

Any comments appreciated

cheers

tim

looking for a t28 lwb dsg

·
Registered
408 Posts
I went to a couple of dealers and each time they quoted I went back to the other one trying to get more money off or bits added to the deal, in the end they were pretty close but one offered better price, better finance and a full tank of diesel to go the extra distance to get the van, but had to do deal there and then.
I don't think they are linked with quotes as each time they quoted they wanted to see what the other quoted on paper, they both said they only ever go down to 10% discount on rrp but I ended up getting 12% so all my extras were free really, plus a good finance deal
Just a shame I've waited 9 months and still waiting, but should be here in a week or so
I guess the wait depends on what van you order and how many extras you want
Good luck

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would think they would have your quote on file which could be accessed by different dealers , i know for a fact that vauxhall do . There would be no reason why one dealer could not beat a quote from another dealer in trying to get your business . I had one dealership offer me twice as much discount as the first one i had seen . regards langley

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They have offered up 11% without asking so i'm guessing i could squeeze them too 12. I will probably try another dealer then just to compare.

Out of curiosity what did you order to need to wait 9 months?

·
Registered
408 Posts
New sportline with DSG in candy white,
Can't wait to be driving it, I sold my old sportline way too early but got offered incredible money for it that I couldn't refuse

1 - 5 of 5 Posts