VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My exhaust is still pretty healthy but planning on a powerflow stainless sometime in the future.. I was wondering what diameter powerflow exhaust peepz are gettin??
Is an off the shelf stainless decat pipe gonna be compatable with a powerflow diameter wise??
Also just for future reference.. are people going with a straight through and doing away with the boxes??
Just one more thing!! ... does a twin exit sound the same as a single??

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Depends on stuff, I think for 2.5 the diameter should be 2.5". Mine was decatted by Powerflow and they just put 1 really small box twrd the end of the pipework, twin side exit ends. It sounds really growly under load. As for any other answers; I have none.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Oh, and the guy from Powerflow Stafford did a top job and a really good price. If you let them do the de-catting you don't have to worry about compatibility, and they might give you a discount for letting them keep your old cat. (they scrap em for cash I think).

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was kinda thinking maybe i'll just get a mild steel decat for now and next summer splurge out on a whole powerflow (if i can hold out that long :D)

So whats the whole system including decat cost....£350ish??

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
sorry, but every single poorflow exhaust i have ever seen has been utter gash. never seen a decent one yet. absolutely horrendous workmanship and materials. never heard anyone say a good word about them in 8 years...

i paid £270 from pipewerx for my side exit, can't recommwend them enough. true proffessionals, and will make it exactly as you want

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Hey Phatty, now you have. I deffinitely recomend the bloke from PF Stafford who did mine.

Cloudnine, it was a while ago I had it done but if memory serves me right he did it for 160 I could be a bit out on that but it was deffo under 200. It's not a long system as it exits the side about a foot in front of the rear wheel, obviously a rear exit would cost more. Like I said de-catted, single (small) box and twin exit slash cut pipe ends. Looks the nuts.
Google Powerflow and give em a ring they'll quote over the phone if you give em a good idea of what you're after. Oh, he did me a wee discount cos he couldn't get the exact ends I wanted originally (The ones he suggested look better anyway).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts