VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Was wondering if anybody could offer any advice on decating my T4. My exhaust was blowing so took it to the garage and they've recommended a stainless steal decat exhaust. They said it would be better and give a little more power. Thats nice but doesn't it put your emissions through the roof and make you fail an MOT. They said no and I've looked through some threads on here and still unsure. Anybody able to shed some light on this??

Thank you

Jonah

2000 SWB 2.5tdi

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I had the same worry with the one I just bought. It has a decat SS on it and it is a '99 2.5tdi.

Seems it flys though MOT's with it.

Only thing to think of is the volume if the de-cat also comes with no silencer. We might be putting a silencer on our new one, don't want to be waking up people when we turn up on Campsites later in the evening!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys, Is just nice to hear it from normal people and not the garage. From reading the above the cat is defo going. Does anybody know if it makes a difference to performance? :*

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
My van was MOTd yesterday and there was no issues with the exhuast at all!

Do it! T:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just seen the new MOT rules. No Cat is an instant failure. Glad i kept in on. Does anybody know where i can get a fake cat lol. Need more power!LOL:

·
Registered
249 Posts
The new rules only apply to vehicles that require a cat emissions test, diesels are not tested for emissions only smoke so o.k to fit de-cat system.T:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just seen the new MOT rules. No Cat is an instant failure. Glad i kept in on. Does anybody know where i can get a fake cat lol. Need more power!LOL:
You can take the cat off and just smash all the gubbings out of it then put it back on, it definately will increase performance T:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts