VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
my sons Vw lupo 1.7 diesel as a cat problem

Eg: rattling,,he as tried to get hold of a Decat front pipe but cant seem to find one,,plus he as just phoned our local MOT guy & said if he had a decat front pipe fitted would it be ok Eg: pass its MOT the tester said it would fail:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Diesels don't need a cat, only petrol engines from '92 require them. Diesels only get a smoke test, if he argues ask him to show you where in the manual it has to have a cat.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diesels don't need a cat, only petrol engines from '92 require them. Diesels only get a smoke test, if he argues ask him to show you where in the manual it has to have a cat.
yeah i thought that myself,,just thought i"d double check as ive seen its on here about "Decats" & MOT"s T:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I'll second that, desiel's dont need a cat. Have been through 3 m.o.t's with no problem at all.
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll second that, desiel's dont need a cat. Have been through 3 m.o.t's with no problem at all.
Cheers.
cheers buddy,,,you dont happen to know where we can get a decat front pipe for my sons diesel vw lupo,,,we"ve tried everywhere but cant seem to find any suppliersT:,,thanks

·
Pedal box guru
2,616 Posts
cheers buddy,,,you dont happen to know where we can get a decat front pipe for my sons diesel vw lupo,,,we"ve tried everywhere but cant seem to find any suppliersT:,,thanks
Hi,

If it is just the matrix inside the pipe rattling then remove the pipe and sympathetically smash the matrix up and tip it out. (you may even get some money for the matrix at the scrappy's).

instant de catted pipe, and it still looks like it has one fitted if you get a ""job's worth"" testing it for the MOT.

Cheers Trev.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

If it is just the matrix inside the pipe rattling then remove the pipe and sympathetically smash the matrix up and tip it out. (you may even get some money for the matrix at the scrappy's).

instant de catted pipe, and it still looks like it has one fitted if you get a ""job's worth"" testing it for the MOT.

Cheers Trev.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,now thats worth a shot ;)T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts