VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/LV%202010%2048%20Trainer%20Guide%203.1.pdf

Fuel and exhaust
Cover the following highlighted changes using the testers manual and the black lined criteria:
- Catalytic converter missing
- Fuel pipe or hose excessively damaged or chafed Gas leak confirmed by Leak Detection product (conforming to BS EN 14291-2004)
- Low emission diesel procedure
- Diesels after 1st July 2008 (1.5m-1) turbo and non turbo
*Note that unlike previous years where a vehicle may still pass the mot, where the cat is removed, provided the emissions still pass  now it is a straight fail regardless of metered test results

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
What emissions are tested on a diesel? I thought it was solely a smoke test?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Trouble for the Darkside!

Was frantically looking up prices for a new system, can sit back and relax in the knowledge that my enviromentally unfriendly side exit de-cat is legal for another year, have dodged Boris and his LEZ and hopefully dodged the mot changes

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
so it's a smoke meter test not an exhaust gas emissions test and yes it's after 2008 diesels with missing cats are an auto fail :D

Happy days!

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
yes it's after 2008 diesels with missing cats are an auto fail :D

Happy days!
No sorry it not anything to do with diesels at all any age

"On vehicles that qualify for a full cat emissions test, check the presence of the catalytic converter"

That quote is out of the new test manual
Diesels dont have cat emmision tests
Theres a thread on this already T:

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
No sorry it not anything to do with diesels at all any age

"On vehicles that qualify for a full cat emissions test, check the presence of the catalytic converter"

That quote is out of the new test manual
Diesels dont have cat emmision tests
Theres a thread on this already T:
is this fact or not.....?

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
yes that enough for me..... nice one paul,, keep us posted,A:
Will do
Its going to be an intrested few months as a lot of people with things are going to be saying "well it passed last year with that problem"
It will all come out in the wash a bit like the new certificates which are printed on plain paper
The amount of people that are asking us why we have done away with the green certificates
Like a tell them
Blame the goverment not us testing stations
Happy new year mate T:

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
To quote:

Fuel and exhaust
Cover the following highlighted changes using the testers manual and the black lined criteria:
- Catalytic converter missing
- Fuel pipe or hose excessively damaged or chafed Gas leak confirmed by Leak Detection product (conforming to BS EN 14291-2004)
- Low emission diesel procedure
- Diesels after 1st July 2008 (1.5m-1) turbo and non turbo

I was wondering what some previous posters were reading when they stated that it was O.K. for pre- 1st July 2008 to have the cat removed.

Bit of whistling in the dark.

Will it still be O.K., I wonder, to have a system made with a bulge, (but straight through), that looks like a cat? Surely the tester isn't going to bung a camera up the exhaust.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Will do
Its going to be an intrested few months as a lot of people with things are going to be saying "well it passed last year with that problem"
It will all come out in the wash a bit like the new certificates which are printed on plain paper
The amount of people that are asking us why we have done away with the green certificates
Like a tell them
Blame the goverment not us testing stations
Happy new year mate T:
are the new certificates already out now....?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts